Jump to content
matt_b

Welcome to the New Omlet Forum!

Recommended Posts

Please post any issues you encounter in this thread and we’ll look into them ASAP!

Known Issues:

There are no known issues at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Dogmother said:

Ummm, how come I have my daughter's avatar and not mine? She hasn't used her profile in at least 10 years!

Sorry about that, it should be fixed now. Because both you and your daughter signed up with the same email address, the process which moved the data over to the new software saw the accounts as being the same, and chose the avatar from the most recently registered account.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave_L said:

Sorry about that, it should be fixed now. Because both you and your daughter signed up with the same email address, the process which moved the data over to the new software saw the accounts as being the same, and chose the avatar from the most recently registered account.

Thanks Dave, I guessed that might be the case. Kate altered it so that the email on her account was the same as mine as she was young at the time and didn't have an email account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could there be a link back to the forum index on the bottom of the page? The topics became much l9nger, so much more scrolling. Bit of a pain to have to scroll all the way up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cat tails said:

Could there be a link back to the forum index on the bottom of the page? The topics became much l9nger, so much more scrolling. Bit of a pain to have to scroll all the way up again.

There are some buttons at the bottom of the topic you can use to get back to the topic listing, and if you look below the social media sharing icons, there's a row of 'breadcrumbs' that will allow you to go back to the parent forum, or the forum homepage.

breadcrumbs.png.f0acf4ca6afef8ccb48d35137739b9d4.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again Dave! I start thinking I need reading glasses... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t seem to hide certain users signatures. It will give a pop-up: there was a problem hiding this users signature

Some peoples signatures are quite long in this new forum. Makes me even scroll more. :roll:

And is there a way to give an enter with small ruler distance? Everytime I press enter 

there

is 

big 

white

gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accidentally sent Cat tails a reply to her PM via the Omlet page.

I was checking my emails and it said I had a PM so I clicked on it to read it and hit the reply button not realising it was Omlet.

So someone else has my message.

Computers are really not my thing.

I haven't even been able to find my previous posts yet :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dearest Matt,

I seriously considered taking up the *****le art of making doork*****s. It’s a very u*****trusive hobby that’s certainly not s*****bery. Yes, many a *****leman find it a *****ility to have k*****by doork*****s, but does that make my hobby s*****bish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from over enthusiastic censoring:

When I navigate to a certain topic from “unread content” it sometimes lets me navigate to the next unread topic on the right bottom of the page, but also many times not. It feels rather random when it does or doesn’t work. But it is a useful feature, so I would like to have it working all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cat tails said:

Apart from over enthusiastic censoring:

When I navigate to a certain topic from “unread content” it sometimes lets me navigate to the next unread topic on the right bottom of the page, but also many times not. It feels rather random when it does or doesn’t work. But it is a useful feature, so I would like to have it working all the time.

1

That happens to me, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The option to be able to edit posts at all times would be very nice too. The edit option now disappears after a few minutes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2018 at 4:19 PM, The Dogmother said:

I seem to have stopped getting email notifications - none for  a few days now

Just to update; I only get them for PMs, not posts to any of the threads I am watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2018 at 9:09 AM, Dave_L said:

There are some buttons at the bottom of the topic you can use to get back to the topic listing, and if you look below the social media sharing icons, there's a row of 'breadcrumbs' that will allow you to go back to the parent forum, or the forum homepage.

breadcrumbs.png.f0acf4ca6afef8ccb48d35137739b9d4.png

I'm so glad to have spotted this.

I never noticed the 'breadcrumbs' underneath before  :oops:

Have they been there all the time ? :shock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luvachicken said:

I'm so glad to have spotted this.

I never noticed the 'breadcrumbs' underneath before  :oops:

Have they been there all the time ? :shock:

They have been on the new forum. The old one had a link back to “board index”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old one was a lot easier to spot as it was kind of by itself, whereas the new ones are by all that facebook and other stuff, which just doesn't catch my attention because I don't use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

The old one was a lot easier to spot as it was kind of by itself, whereas the new ones are by all that facebook and other stuff, which just doesn't catch my attention because I don't use them.

We are all still getting used to it and discovering stuff! I hadn’t seen it either. Dave had to point it out.

I found another useful button the other day: if you click on “activity”, top left next to browse, you can choose “content I started”. You will get a list of all the topics you started on this forum! 

And the forum remembers what you type, even if you navigate to different parts of the forum and then come back to finish. 😉

B7558E47-5D03-4892-AB7A-269B23C7A777.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes, I spotted that button a while ago :-D

That's the only way I've been able to find my previous posts so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still not getting notification emails and with so much going on here, I have not been prompted to log on... will they be coming back Matt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Co***** set's off the word sensor :lol:

C o a r s e

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And another thing.... on the old forum, I had always been pretty good about deleting old PMs, so my inbox only ever had 1 or 2 messages in it. It seems that when our accounts were migrated over, it also exported all PMs ever received :roll: I had to delete masses last night before I was able to send a new PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lewis said:

Co***** set's off the word sensor :lol:

C o a r s e

Ooooh! Gives me a whole new opportunity to get creative!:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×