Ursula123

Old Sewing Machine

Have a look at Helen Howes website because she deals with vintage sewing machines - she has been very helpful to me in the past.  With regard to the old table bit - I've seen people put new tops in and add a bit of height - which I think is a great idea as my knees keep touching the underneath part which protects my machine when dropped down.  I think it also protects your legs and floor from dripping oil!  One lady in the US has a little box which sets into the table according to whatever treadle machine she's using.  She then fits in a small surround so that the machine is level with the table - goodness knows if she needs to fiddle with the belt, but I'm guessing as all are the same height then the belt remains the same.

This is Helen's website:
helenhowes-sewingmachines.co.uk/index.html

Another lady Lizzie Lenard on Youtube only uses vintage machines - she does a nice series of how to clean them.  She also has a blog but she is how I found Helen Howes.  Then in Pinterest I've just seen this:

https://susies-scraps.com/2016/04/02/framing-pinwheels-quilt-pattern/?subscribe=success#blog_subscription-3

Scroll down - lovely treadle!