New cube gallery:

http://club.omlet.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=17239&g2_page=2

All finished in time for tea:

DSCF1336.jpg

Look no ladder!

DSCF1318.jpg

This looks very cosy!

DSCF1310.jpg

It is brilliant! OK, not the best piece of engineering in the world (as OH said), but it can be tweaked. It is much easier to get to than the eglus (especially now it's on the outside of the run). It is very heavy! I'm only 5' 1" so would really struggle to move it with a run as well. As it is, I can just about manage to move it away from the fence for cleaning. I checked the roosting bars and thought 'don't know what everyone is on about - they look sturdy enough to me'. Then I realised that one of the roosting bars was still in the box :roll::evil:

But I'm a happy bunny tonight!! 8)8)8)8)8)

Slight problems with the bed bit! :lol:

Just been out to find them tramping round the pen looking very forlorn and muttering about me having pinched their cosy eglus. So I posted a couple in through the door. They promptly unposted themselves back out again. :roll: So I tried again with Bertha Top Chicken who curled up in the corner and went to sleep. So next top chook got posted next, and stayed put. Finally caught them all and shut the door on them. Had a peep through the egg port - all stood there looking bewildered and muttering to each other. Lots of shuffling going on, but at least they're in for the night. Looking forward to opening the door and watching them come out in the morning! :lol:

My only worry is that we are going away for the weekend tomorrow - wonder if they'll know where to go tomorrow night? :?

Mine were like little lost souls when I first got my cube. First night they were frantic underneath the cube at the back of the run...looking for the entrance to their well known eglu! Then one banged its head on the ladder & thought blimey - what's that for. Once one went up, the others followed. They all snuggled in the nest box like it was the Hilton hotel! :roll:

Emma.x