The Dogmother

I have raised a fierce woman!

Some of you might have seen this article in the press a couple of days ago; I sent it to Madam as she is studying in Edinburgh and uses that gym - so do I when I visit her.

Weeeelll... she started a storm! Raised a petition (with 800 signatures and counting) requesting overdue action (this happened in January) from the uni on this matter. Sent an open letter to the Principal demanding that something be done, so this man has been disciplined and lost his job.

Goodness knows, she has had her own issues, but I am pleased to have raised a fierce woman - all I ever did was teach her to support what she feels is right. I am glad that she did that. His sort of behaviour, and language is not acceptable in any way. That girl may have had a valid reason for not showing up, and she is someone's daughter or loved one. They will be hurting about this too. I hope that she has support while dealing with the news from the original article

Nuff said! :notalk:

Capture.JPG

Edited by The Dogmother
  • Like 1

A chip off the old (sorry - not so old!) block, C. A HUGE well done to both of you as you have both played your part in this. So proud of you both! Hope Rosie can access this thread too and see how much support and kudos she has from us all! 

It's often just so easy to say 'gosh, that's terrible, how awful, they shouldn't get away with it' but to get out there and take action is laudable :clap:

Thank you all - her Omlet Family :-D

She is currently interviewing with the BBC, Telegraph and Metro; I will post links when they are available. Lewis follows her on facebook, and I know there's a whole thread there with the official statements from the uni as well. She and her group are to be commended for their actions, and drawing in other groups to increase the sphere of influence.

It is beyond the pale that the uni considered it OK to allow this guy to continue to work in the gym (where people normally feel quite vulnerable in their attire) and even sent on an expenses paid training trip, without any proper disciplinary procedure or suspension pending investigation. It makes my blood boil!

Edited by The Dogmother
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, they were very slack in allowing him to stay on, especially in the light of the people that his job exposed him to; he should have been 'suspended pending investigation'.

He has gone now, and off the back of it, she, and the uni equality chaps are working with HR to draw up a decent disciplinary procedure, so all positive now. Like me, she won't stand for unfairness.

• Like 2