HiltonHens

Can you attach 2 Classic eglu's to a wir?

Can you attach 2 Classic eglu's to a wir?

Currently have a classic and considering a WIR, and then possible attaching another classis for more chickens. Or would we it be better to buy a cube?

Decisions...

Yes, just get a second connector kit. It replaces one of the panels of the WIR

You can do. Though I think someone had made the point on here before that, even if you have multiple Eglus, they all tend to just crowd into the one regardless.

Depends on how many birds you have - personally, I would get a cube - much easier to clean out. Get the mark 1 though - there are quite a few on ebay.

Have just realised the Omlet WIR has bigger mesh at the top, is this a problem with wild birds?

Also has any one managed to cover the roof with anything other than the run covers? I was thinking the corrugated plastic roofing sheets.

Not sure what to do now...

Posted (edited)

Alternatively, get a child’s plastic table.  Put one eglu under it, and one on top and put them inside the WIR.  High rise and low rise living! 

Edited by Patricia W

Just to say, if I was buying again, I’d get a conventional WIR not the Omlet one.  I’ve spent going on an extra £200 on covering the top half with weldmesh to stop rats getting in, plus tarps to stop birds and rain.   It needs a redesign in my opinion.  

I would suggest that you cover it with clear tarps from Ebay - you'll need to cover much of the sides too in the rainy weather.

17 hours ago, Patricia W said:

Just to say, if I was buying again, I’d get a conventional WIR not the Omlet one.  I’ve spent going on an extra £200 on covering the top half with weldmesh to stop rats getting in, plus tarps to stop birds and rain.   It needs a redesign in my opinion.  

I agree - they aren't terribly sturdy.

Mine is the lo-rise version which is quite sturdy but I’m only 5’2” and pretty flexible - any normal person wouldn’t be able to get in and move around comfortably