soapdragon

A New Decade!

Belated happy new year Omleters. OH and I went into town had a lovely meal with a bit too much wine. We then went and saw a farce at the theatre. My befuddled head managed to work it out. We caught the bus home and had tea n biccies in bed and saw new year in. Not very adventurous.  Now we all have colds. Happy healthy new year everyone. 

• Like 1

Oh dear!  Hope you feel better now Alis.  Likewise my son shared his lurgy just before the new year and since the 1st have been trying to shake off a blooming cough - nasty nasty nasty!  But at least it's on it's way out.  OH is now snuffling but his part of the cough germ isn't quite as bad - maybe it affects the ladies more than the gents?  It's mostly around the larynx rather than lungs thank goodness, maybe the Adam's apple protects them more - because number one son didn't have the lurgy very long either!  Sulk sulk sulk!:boohoo::lol:

If we have a meet up in the midlands I might be able to stop over with DD for the weekend.  I've not been to the Netherlands - always wanted to though, and no flying necessary!  But I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Happy New Year All! 

I got back from Thailand on New Years Eve morning so was in bed by 6pm 🤣. The fireworks woke me up at midnight. I wasn't even a little bit tempted to sit up and peek out of the window! 

Holidays are great but its lovely to come home to my cats and my own bed 😁

I haven't met many omlet forum members. I worked the Tatton show for Omlet way back and I know I met a couple there. It would be nice to meet up at some point. x x

A central meet up would be great! DM, I know that you are close to M40/M4 .......Patricia W and I are near M40 too and Oxford Ring Road. Apart from Oxford services is there anywhere around Bicester that would suit, do you think? My geography isn't great but would that be about halfway from Midlands/West Country? 

12 hours ago, soapdragon said:

A central meet up would be great! DM, I know that you are close to M40/M4 .......Patricia W and I are near M40 too and Oxford Ring Road. Apart from Oxford services is there anywhere around Bicester that would suit, do you think? My geography isn't great but would that be about halfway from Midlands/West Country? 

I don't really know much out that way, but I think there's a garden centre just off the M40, can't remember the name though. I avoid Bicester - that Bicester Village place really gets my goat!

DD's other half's parents live in Bicester - not Bicester Village which her future MIL venomously likes to point out - she hates the place so much too! :lol:  Nice lady though.  

New decade = wedding for us.  DD got engaged last summer and currently planning their wedding either November or December. FSIL's mum (aforementioned) and OH are going with them on Sunday to look at their chosen venue.  I'm staying here to look after the birds as the appointment is late in the afternoon - plus it's a good 3 hour journey from here!