mullethunter

Another Dog Attack :-(

Avoid the vest - it makes them too hot and itchy as it catches on their feathers. I've not poisoned a hen yet with Sudocrem - I guess they just don't like the taste or smell of it.

If you increase her intake of Biotin with some Vit Boost in the water, or powdered Biotin in the feed, then it'll help her to feather up quicker.

Give the little fighter a hug from me.

Ok - sudocrem it is 👍🏻 She went out in the spare Eglu Go for a couple of hours this afternoon - ate some grass but spent most of the time trying to get out to be with the others 🙄 I’ve been giving her a tiny bit of bread soaked in nutri drops. She didn’t eat much today but seemed ravenous for the soggy bread, so I wet tried cat food. She ate about half a pouch 😳

Ill give her a hug from you DM but she’ll send you swear words 😂

Edited by mullethunter

7 minutes ago, mullethunter said:

Ok - sudocrem it is 👍🏻 She went out in the spare Eglu Go for a couple of hours this afternoon - ate some grass but spent most of the time trying to get out to be with the others 🙄 I’ve been giving her a tiny bit of bread soaked in nutri drops. She didn’t eat much today but seemed ravenous for the soggy bread, so I wet tried cat food. She ate about half a pouch 😳

Ill give her a hug from you DM but she’ll send you swear words 😂

I have one like that - she goes mental when ever I pick her up and scoots away from any attention.

I couldn't possibly recommend it as it's against DEFRA regulations (as is cat food... shhh) but a lot of breeders and showers swear by tinned sardines to get a bird in condition.

• Like 1

She’s back with the rest of the gang 😊 Straight back to her place as top hen too. The only sign that she’s not completely herself is that she failed to fly up to the Cube last night on her first attempt (she’s effectively had one wing very dramatically clipped - she looked really confused but then compensated and sorted it out second attempt) and she’s sleeping in the nest box. Otherwise, all good 👍🏻🤞🏻

• Like 1