Guest chookiehen

I've been foxed....

so, so, so sorry- please don't beat yourself up over this, we've all made mistakes in life and you had no idea this would happen- do something positive in their memory.

Best wishes to you and love and hugs

xxxxx

What awful news :cry:

Hopefully this will be a lesson to those who let their girls free range unsupervised thinking that there are no foxes in their area.

Foxes travel and even though you may not have seen one for 20 years-doesn't mean that one won't move into the area at any time and it only takes minutes of the hens being alone for this to happen. :evil:

Sadly, sometimes we learn our lessons the hard way at the expense of our hens but if this incident stops a few other people doing the same thing-at least some good has come of it, albeit in a horrid way for Shona and of course her poor, unfortunate hens. :cry:

I truly feel very sad at this news. :(:(

Take care :)

So, so sorry to hear about poor little Josie, Shona :(

Take care, don't beat yourself up about it, as someone else said, a short happy life is better than a long miserable one.

True that a short happy life is better than a long miserable one but what about a long happy life? I'd rather go for that one :D

Thankyou everyone for your kind words and sympathy. I've spent the afternoon cleaning out the Eglu and dismantling the run, as we've decided to put new chickens on hold until after the baby is born.