One Man Banned

Eurovision 2008

How many of us are avid Eurovision fans then?

I've been looking forward to the start of our selection process and catching up on the news at www.eurovision.tv and interestingly times will be a changing this year.

They are going to try and block a lot of the political "buddy" voting that has really taken hold in a bid to give the results some credibilty.

This year there'll be TWO semi-finals with the countries put into six "pots" that can't then vote for each other :D - lets hope it works.

The brilliant thing is the two semi-finals will be held on 20th May and 22nd May when Anita and Me are going to CentreParcs for the week :D Anita's birthday is the 20th mine is the 22nd so it's turning into a Eurovision Party Week for us ;)

We chose our song on the 1st March - maybe we'll do better this year :pray:

A

xx

Absolutely love it. it just makes me smile and just love the outfits and the must have dance routines :lol:

Lets hope they do manage to stop the buddy voting. I feel really sorry when there is a half decent little song and it's ousted because they're not part of the gang.

Enjoy your Eurovision weekend at Center Parks. Keep us updated and an outrageous outfit is an absolute must. :lol:

we like to turn on the subtitle option so we can see the lyrics in English, some of them are most bizarre! :shock:

It's a good giggle and a bit of light relief.

When Lordi (sp?) won with 'Rock Allelujah' we had a bit of a get together with our friends and we were cheering for Finland as we like glam/heavy rock music :lol:

We Love Eurovision and held a party last year

We went to loads of trouble getting badges made and checking numbers so everyone was a country and we all scored and the winner from the real vote and our winner each won a prize.

We were so annoyed when 2 guests were really late (abour 8 actsin) and 1 turned up advising her boyfriend was tired and would come later,

We stressed how the evening would work beforehand and will never do it again,

I am looking forward to Eurovision a bottle of wine and a box of chocs this year

Will Terry Wogan be allowed anywhere near it after his spectacular faux pas last year.? :shock::lol:

Oooh what did he do/say? :shock: I am totally uninterested in all the stuff running up to the Contest, but I do watch the actual thing for its awfulness and for Wogan's hysterical commentary. I won't watch it if Wogan is not on.

Tessa

AT the bit where we choose who is to represent the UK......he announced the wrong one!!! :shock: :shock:

Very embarrassing .

Ferne Cotton saved the day!.

It must have been very upsetting for the girl who thought she had won (although she was Belgian or summat so why she was representing the UK is another question :?)

Will Terry Wogan be allowed anywhere near it after his spectacular faux pas last year.? :shock::lol:

Oooh what did he do/say? :shock: I am totally uninterested in all the stuff running up to the Contest, but I do watch the actual thing for its awfulness and for Wogan's hysterical commentary. I won't watch it if Wogan is not on.

Tessa

This was Sir Tel's blooper

And this was my favourite song of the year - so much so I even bought the album from Ebay :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9rJLtz64Hg - perhaps I could do her costume for a Eurovision Party :think::lol:

A

Xx

I love Eurovision :oops::D

I really like seeing the different songs from other countries, especially the old Eastern Bloc and Scandinavian countries. I loved Lordii, thought it was just what Eurovision needed. 8)

I fail to understand how a country such as ours which can probably claim the highest percentage of popular music artistes, continues to enter what can only be described as utter rubbish some years, then we wonder why we don't win. When we have a good act we will do well again, I really don't think it is all politics. :?

As an aside, I was at a Whitesnake concert and David Coverdale ( founder member and rock god) admitted he watches Eurovision too, he renamed Lordii as the Klingons :lol:

I am glad there are other people out there as nutty as my friends. We have a Eurovision party every year, draw lots for the country and then you have to dress in 'national costume' (interpreted fairly broadly) and bring a food item from the country and a flag.

The Malteser packet waistcoat sticks in the memory, from the chap who drew Malta last time, and there have been a fair few dirndl skirts, pigtails and white lacy blouses (and that's just the men!) for Eastern European countries which didn't seem to have a specific national dress.

We often end up eating and drinking so much that we forget to watch the actual competition, but it makes for a great evening!

We had our first eurovision party last year and it was Superb. :D

Everyone dressed up and bought food from the country they represented.

Excellent idea, we have always thought of doing a eurovision party but never get round to doing it!

I LOVE eurovision, even hubby does, we spend the whole night laughing. :lol:

What timing.

On and off all day I've been compiling as many of the entries as possible from Youtube and will post them on here later.

Ireland's entry is actually quite amusing, and with Eurovision, heck you never know :shock:

Our plans for the Eurovision Party are going really well.

For the Saturday Final, those who come to our are coming in fancy dress from a Eurovision artist, past or present and some food from the country they're representing.

Should be fun :D

A

xx

Thought I'd update this thread as I have today completed the "Youtube" listing of all the songs entered in this years competition.

Pm me with your email and I can send you the spreadsheet as there's way too many to post here.

I've started getting my costume together for the party - and as we speak am trying to break in a new pair of shoes, lets just say that Joe thinks I have a fetish forming :shock::lol:;)

A

xx