WitchHazel

A Diatom puffer that WORKS!

Well, I tried an empty talcum powder thingummy. The holes kept getting bunged up. I bought a small bottle of Diatom which was meant to be suitable as a puffer, but it got bunged up a lot, and the top would often blow out completely.

So, I decided to try an empty Fairy Liquid bottle, the sort where the lid screws on rather than pops on.

Like the kid in the TV adverts, I had to wait for ages for an empty Fairy bottle and then, after washing it thoroughly, I had to wait a few days for it to dry thoroughly.

But I've just filled it up with Diatom, and it seems to work really well. The hole seems to be large enough to not get blocked;and because the lid is screwed on (rather than popped on) it hasn't come off when I squeeze the bottle.

I feel a bit sheepish for being so pleased over something so silly.

I feel a bit sheepish for being so pleased over something so silly.

You are an inventor :) I would be as pleased as you are. I spent ages trying to find something that I could use to scoop up layers pellets and transfer them to the Grub without half of them spraying the shed floor. In the end I got a l litre empty milk carton (plastic) washed it out and dried it. Put the cap back on and cut the bottom off in a slanty shape...voila a perfect scoop with a handle and everything and it fits exactly into the grub, I was as pleased as pleased :roll:

Tessa

What a brilliant idea!

However, as I buy my Ecover washing up liquid in bulk and refill my (practically antique) 1l bottle with it, I never have an empty bottle to recycle...... :cry:

.....so I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the fairy liquid level in the kitchen at work :wink:

D.