Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Lost 1.5lb, so thats 3stone!!!!!!!! have set my target. It was so exceiting!!!!! so I just nedd to go no more than 3 up or 3 down to weigh in free each week. :dance::dance::dance: its so fantastic...celebrated with a bottle of bubbly last night!!!

how did you get on?

no one mentioned target until I found my loss was slowing down and my BMI was close to 25. It is entirely up to you when and where you set target. If you have a lot to lose like me I found it best to think week to week, rather than long term because I found that toooo daunting. If you are unsure just have a chat with your group consultant.

Hello, may I join you :D I joined Slimming World two weeks (or two weigh in's) ago. I've got rather a lot to lose :shock: However doing ok at the moment, but, I guess its only been two weeks it would be hard not to :roll: I have been doing the Extra Easy plan, as suggested by my consultant although I am thinking of making today a green day. Had a neutral type breakfast just in case.

I am thinking of getting some quorn fillets, or sausages for supper, anyone know if these are free on a SW green day please :D

TIA :wink:

Hi and welcome.

Quorn tikka fillet slices are free, plain chilled or frozen are free, BBQ sliced fillets are free. The others have various syns. Quorn sausages are free except for Red leicester ones and the spinach with gruyere which have a small syn value.

I think...

I have found having access to the on line site very helpful, I suggest you get your password from the consultant and sign in...loads of help, support and recipes!!!!

Good luck with your new eating plan, keep us posted on your progress.

I just read this posting.....I sound like my consultant.......a new career perhaps :lol::roll:

Hello, may I join you :D I joined Slimming World two weeks (or two weigh in's) ago. I've got rather a lot to lose :shock: However doing ok at the moment, but, I guess its only been two weeks it would be hard not to :roll: I have been doing the Extra Easy plan, as suggested by my consultant although I am thinking of making today a green day. Had a neutral type breakfast just in case.

I am thinking of getting some quorn fillets, or sausages for supper, anyone know if these are free on a SW green day please :D

TIA :wink:

I thought I recognised your name on minimins:)

I'm on EE as I'm lazy and do not want to weigh out food plus I'm not a veggy although we don't eat much red meat. Any Quorn products give me indigestion!

Thanks Miffy :) Just hope I can keep going. 4 1/2lbs to my 10% and then I think I need to set my target. Not sure if that's how it works though as I've never asked :oops:

Because my WW scheme is jointly run by my GP & WW the GP has been setting my target after 5% and 10% loss. Usually it's been in 7lb blocks.

WW want me to maintain my weight to a BMI of between 20 -25 but through this scheme WW are happy to go with a target as directed by the GP once my weight loss stabilises, (at a weight rather than a BMI).

Hopefully this weight be slightly higher than my BMI as the thought of me having to maintain 12st 6lb (5'10) is a weight that i really don't want to be. (too thin !!!!!)

Thanks Miffy :) Just hope I can keep going. 4 1/2lbs to my 10% and then I think I need to set my target. Not sure if that's how it works though as I've never asked :oops:

Because my WW scheme is jointly run by my GP & WW the GP has been setting my target after 5% and 10% loss. Usually it's been in 7lb blocks.

WW want me to maintain my weight to a BMI of between 20 -25 but through this scheme WW are happy to go with a target as directed by the GP once my weight loss stabilises, (at a weight rather than a BMI).

Hopefully this weight be slightly higher than my BMI as the thought of me having to maintain 12st 6lb (5'10) is a weight that i really don't want to be. (too thin !!!!!)

I think I could go down to 8 st 1lb for my height and be in a healthy BMI range. That would be waaaay too thin for me. I know I would look dreadful! Found out that I can set my target for what I want, within reason, so I'm going to play it by ear. I'm in the healthy range now but am not going to get too hung up on it. The thought of getting to a target and not having to pay any more is appealing though :)

Are you still getting on well with WW?

my BMI is somewhere between 24 and 25, so just inside the healthy range. Never been there before :lol: OH doesnt want me to lose any more, I'll just see how I go. Worked out I've lost 24.3% of my original weight :shock: ....would be good to get to 25%.....I must work out how much more that would be....(runs out of fingers to count on...)

edited to add.......another 1.5lb to have lost 25%....it will have to be done

Yeap, another 2lb today (38lb in total). Got my 10% keyring a few weeks ago.

Still getting plenty of exercise, running 5-6 km twice a week in the gym, cycling 12-15 miles twice a week.

I was on a 10 day cruise and only gained 1.5lb, usually I do "a pound a day" :lol:

Most days I don't use my full points quota (allowed 26 points per day, using about 20) though I'm still having the odd "Blip"!!!, (7 pints of Guiness at the football saturday :whistle: ).

There are a couple of guys in my group who have just received "50lb loss certificates" from WW.

Just bought a new pair of trousers, 6inch smaller waste than I was wearing last Christmas, though I don't know whether to buy more clothes or wait another month?

I am getting a bit of stick about the state of some of my work suits, "Did I rob them off a dead man".

and I need 1 or 2 links removed from my watch strap which is really annoying me.

Due to meet my GP this Thursday, to get results of my latest Cholestral test and get my next "target".

wow Clash City Rocker, you are really doing well. It is hard to know when to update the clothes, but its good perhaps to have some "interim" clothes, as a treat!!!!!

Emma thats brilliant, I really admire you folk who can lose so much in a week :mrgreen: , I would have saved a fortune if I could have done the same :roll:

Having said that I lost 1.5lb this week no idea how, so have lost 25% of my original weight :shock: its all a bit unreal really.

wow Clash City Rocker, you are really doing well. It is hard to know when to update the clothes, but its good perhaps to have some "interim" clothes, as a treat!!!!!

Emma thats brilliant, I really admire you folk who can lose so much in a week :mrgreen: , I would have saved a fortune if I could have done the same :roll:

Having said that I lost 1.5lb this week no idea how, so have lost 25% of my original weight :shock: its all a bit unreal really.

Well done Miffy :D That's one heck of an achievement :D

Yeap, another 2lb today (38lb in total). Got my 10% keyring a few weeks ago.

Still getting plenty of exercise, running 5-6 km twice a week in the gym, cycling 12-15 miles twice a week.

I was on a 10 day cruise and only gained 1.5lb, usually I do "a pound a day" :lol:

Most days I don't use my full points quota (allowed 26 points per day, using about 20) though I'm still having the odd "Blip"!!!, (7 pints of Guiness at the football saturday :whistle: ).

There are a couple of guys in my group who have just received "50lb loss certificates" from WW.

Just bought a new pair of trousers, 6inch smaller waste than I was wearing last Christmas, though I don't know whether to buy more clothes or wait another month?

I am getting a bit of stick about the state of some of my work suits, "Did I rob them off a dead man".

and I need 1 or 2 links removed from my watch strap which is really annoying me.

Due to meet my GP this Thursday, to get results of my latest Cholestral test and get my next "target".

Well done Clash :D 6 inches off your waist is some going. I love draught Guinness but have to have it with a splash of blackcurrant in. I rarely drink now though. Good luck for tomorrow at your GP's.

Well done Clash :D 6 inches off your waist is some going. I love draught Guinness but have to have it with a splash of blackcurrant in. I rarely drink now though. Good luck for tomorrow at your GP's.

Re GP Visit.

Starting weight 16'6lb March 2010

Today's weight 13'10lb

Cholestral 7.8 when I started in March 2010

Today my Cholestral is 5.3 and more good HDL's ??? (5.0 Cholestral is recommended target).

I've been given a target by my GP of BMI 27.5 (13.6lb) which will now become my final goal for Weight Watchers, FOUR more lb's to go then "free weight watchers for life" (provided I maintain the weight).

The GP has agreed for my BMI to be above the WW recommended BMI due to my "exercise history".

I am an Ex Soldier, Ex-Footballer, Ex-Runner and now that I am exercising regularly again some of the fat has changed back to muscle, which is denser (real word?) than fat.

According to my GP "rugby players, footballers, boxers etc would never get to a BMI of 25 or lower due to their physique?

Well done CCR, thats amazing. I am very impressed at how active you are :clap: ...the best I do is 3 times a week on the Wii fit :lol: A friend wants me to do Race For Life with her next year but I've never really been fit or done exercise for long periods so not sure about it really. TBH I like the idea just not sure I could do it. I have no idea what my cholesterol levels are, had them done a couple of years ago and they just said it was all ok. Can you ask to have it checked with your b/p ?