Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Well done Miffy! V jealous. Have pared my diet down, am exercising and still the weight is hardly moving... Am now wondering about cheating and seeing chemist about Alli or similar. Despite low gi food that is supposed to keep you full for longer, am still hungry most of the day and I'm being so good - didn't eat a single naughty at friend's coffee morning.

Raphsody you are so right about portion size in general - I have always had a relatively healthy diet, but I enjoy cooking and good food and wine, and have more than I should. That said, my weight has been stable (but overweight) for several years eating pretty much as I like, so you would think that when I dramatically reduce portion size, calories and up the excercise the weight would drop off.

I have just got on the scales and have lost half a stone in last month, so it is working, and I know you will all tell me that is a healthy loss rate, but I was expecting a faster loss given the changes I have made and how well behaved I am being - honest!!!! (Like the 26lb in 2 weeks you mentionned :mrgreen: )

Well done Jules - only 2 pounds to go sounds like a dream. If I was aiming at sylph, I've got another 3 stone to go, but 2 stone would be realistic for me. Miffy hope things are getting better for you now.

26 lb in 2 weks sounds like Nirvana!!!

I am being better today but still eaten 3 slices of bread and its only 13.20 !!! heard this this morning there will be a PM and they hope to have the funeral on 26th. (the crematorium in Eltham is closed for 2 weeks!!!!)

things can only get better........now where's the bread knife for a snack........weigh in tonight :oops::oops:

Sorry to hear about your cousin Miffy - hope it didn't impact too much on your weight?

I've had a few weeks off thinking about it - I haven't put any weight on but I do need to shift some more now........I have to have another cholesterol test and then back to the GP - I'd like to show her I can do it.

Yay - well done Jules! :clap::dance:

I put on 8lb on my 2 week holiday. :shock::oops: But I've lost 3lb since being home. I only got back late Tuesday night, so I think I'm doing pretty well?? Quorn chilli shifts the weight for me. I felt great on holiday this year - it was all the big filling breakfasts & Movenpick ice creams that put on the weight. Nevermind, I enjoyed myself & it will come off pretty quick.

I really want to go Salsa classes, but don't have a partner / friend to go with. Hubby just won't do that.

Emma.x

I have gained about 5lbs in weight & wanted a change to Slimming World to shift it, so I've bought some Scottish Slimmers books to follow. I've done this a long long time ago, but need reminding of the basics. Does anyone do this & if so - do you have any tips or good recipes?

Thanks

Emma.x

I weighed myself before, supposibly, setting off to Florida, I got a huge shock weighing in at my heaviest ever. so after the trauma of manchester airport, not flying and taking the girls to Center Parcs I have come home very determined and so far have lost 6lbs. As long as I can stay focused and keep myself busy I should be ok. My next pound will be my first bench mark and then I'll see where I go from there. A further stone would be fantastic but I do struggle.

Well done all of you, I have been reading back through the thread.

I've come on for some inspiration. I really am pleased with how I have done eating well and losing weight which was very easy following healthy diet and exercise but my mind seems to have gone. I'm out of control. Portion size and control of snacks is out the window and it happened unconsciously, I hope by writing it down I can get back on track like you seem to have done. If you can do it so can I!!

What is it that takes over me? it's as if I'm trying to put weight on and defy the weight loss and I'm surprised (and very lucky) when I get on the scales and haven't put weight on. I'm not obese now but overweight but if I carry on like this I will be back where I started :(

:clap: Oh, well done, sorry I missed this earlier. Thanks for posting, I'm pleased for you & feel inspired again.

I think I may have been avoiding the topic, :oops: but will try healthy eating again, er, from tomorrow! :D

Plum, I found the winter really hard, but this is a better time of year to get inspired. I find it easier when there are summer fruits around, and intend to get back into good habits.

How's everyone else doing?