Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

hello all! not been on here for a while! im back on track now as well! lost 3 pounds this week and back int he gym propoerly as of tomorrow, straight from work so no temptation of coming home and not being bothered to go back out! one downfall of this is i will get home too late to see the chooks b4 dark then.

What has everyone been doing for the half a stone challenge then? i would like to get involved with this as well but there isnt a local WW meeting i can go to without missing one of my gym nights... :?

:D Well done everyone who's posted recently, how encouraging.

I nearly posted at the w/e just to say I've fallen by the wayside, then decided I was too miserable to tell you.

Usual story; stressful situations/comfort food. :oops: Was going to post that I'm going into hibernation & I'll start again in the Spring. I do find this, and everything, harder in winter than summer.

However, now I'm inspired, reading this topic. OK. 2 months, that should be just right for a steady 1lb a week. Excellent, I'll join in again! Thanks Omleteers! :D

You're not the only one Sheila! - I hadn't lost anything either :( - comfort eating and stressful things going on here.

I've just been away for a week and ate what I wanted but was reasonably careful......I did quite a bit of walking as well thouigh and come back at the same weight :(

I'm off to Aquafit this morning, I missed it last week. I have my appointment with the Practice Nurse tomorrow - Healthy Heart Clinic - she's not going to be pleased that I weigh almost the same as last year and I'm annoyed with myself after losing over a stone earlier this year and putting it back on again :(:( She doesn't believe in comfort eating and stress affecting eating habits.............. :?

I will try hard not to fall out with her and come back and stuff my face.............

Well, after steadily losing weight each week, as soon as I signed up for the Half Stone challenge, I put a pound on, and then the following week was stable... :doh::doh:

Weigh in again tomorrow night. Think I have been good this week :pray: , and training for my 10km in 2 weeks must be helping... Although finding it hard to run mid week as getting dark so early and current route is on footpaths. I need to find a new route!

I might be thinking of doing a half marathon if it helps keep the weight off...

I find this stuff easier in the winter, it was last winter that I shifted most of my ladylard. Soups, low-fat comfort casseroles, cups of Bovril all help IMHO, that and friends and rellies not dropping in with bottles of cold white wine and bags of Walkers Sensations to while away a summer's afternoon :oops:

:) Good to hear how it's going C & T, it sounds purposeful & healthy, well done.

Lesley, I hope the nurse visit was OK. I think being same as last year is an achievement in itself when life is so demanding. Let's do the next bit together, although I'll leave the Aquafit to you.

Rhapsody, I see what you mean, but I love summer & will snack on fruit.

I crave carbs for hibernation in winter, I think!

However, I'm trying to be positive about winter, and you've given me some ideas, thank you.

Off to buy Bovril tomorrow, and plan more soups! :D (Ladylard. :lol: Apt description here!)

Hi folks. Been giving dieting some thought. A friend came over last night with some photos and there were one of two of me looking lardy so I think its time to get onto it.

I have lost weight before at clubs and on plans but usually manage after a while to stedilly gain it all back again as I do like my grub :lol:

I have tried to lose it solo but I just lose the plot after a week or two.

I cant do any clubs right now as I am stuck for time but have been giving some consideration to using an on-line plan. Would like something I can follow without too much brain power and shopping lists would also be a big bonus.

I have posted for advice in the nesting box but thought I would drop in here too and ask if any of you healthy eaters have any experiance of any on-line plans.

I weighed myself yesterday & I have lost another 2lb this week, that's now 4lb towards my 1/2 stone goal :D

But I'm not expecting great things this week- last night I had a huge curry with all the trimmings, red wine & half a tub of Ben & Jerry's chocolate brownie ice cream :oops::lol:

I weighed myself yesterday & I have lost another 2lb this week, that's now 4lb towards my 1/2 stone goal :D

But I'm not expecting great things this week- last night I had a huge curry with all the trimmings, red wine & half a tub of Ben & Jerry's chocolate brownie ice cream :oops::lol:

It could have been worse - you could have eaten the whole tub! :lol:

:anxious: walks in quietly and sits by the door :anxious:

can I join :D

kevs new job means that we are "cordially invited to the christmas do" :shock:

I need to be slinky for a "proper" christmas do :(

so, im here, we have at least a month and a half (I hope) I should be able to manage that :D:pray:

cathy

x

Kathy I think you and are are newbees together :D

Got my old slimming world books out and blew the dust off them and am on day 3. Going to give that a go for a week then either carry on or find another plan.

Having haddock tonight with a quark and basil concoction slatherd on the top and baked along with peppers stuffed with spinach and garlic. NO spuds for me tonight :(

About to eat my tuna sandwich with a packet of Walkers French fries for lunch. The french fries are part of my Syns and had Muller lite yoghurt for breakfast with a banana.

Ok so far and not feeling too deprived.

About to eat my tuna sandwich with a packet of Walkers French fries for lunch. The french fries are part of my Syns and had Muller lite yoghurt for breakfast with a banana.

Ok so far and not feeling too deprived.

Monster Munch are my "naughty but nice" food! Only 1.5 points on weight watchers - but I love them and keeps lunch from being boring!

:oops: too many nights down the pub and I'm up against my 5lb limit on my WW Gold membership. Damned if I'm going to start paying for meetings again so a more saintly approach is clearly required.

This may be of interest- my eldest (17) joined he wants to shift 1.5 stone and during Half Term when Obergruppenfuhrer Rhapsody was controlling all his food he lost 6lb. Back at stodgy school lunches and he's put 2 back on!

Well, after losing 5 stone a few years ago, I have managed to put 2 stone back on. Mainly due to moving house, being comfortable with who I am (a little too comfortable *cough. Chinese takeaways, cough*).

A few weeks ago, I decided to cut back a little. I have lost 5 pounds in as many weeks :D:D Desperate for another 5 pounds before Christmas as that will bring me down to 10 stone :liar::liar: Ok, you know that is a lie, but it will bring me back to a 'round' stone - unlucky for some :wink:

It is just so difficult trying to eat healthily when I am away from home a few nights a week. :(

I've lost 2stone 2 so far on Slimming world! I feel great, but my thighs feel lumpy bumpy if I press in on them. Never had that before! :shock: They look fine & smooth, but when you press in on them, you can feel all bumpy lumps. Is it broken down fat, due to my body changing or what?

Don't splurt coffee - I know this sounds funny! :D

Emma.x

Yes - I have - I have a bicycle & a treadmill. I also walk a lot & go occassional swimming.

It's really odd. If my skin was like an orange - I'd think it was cellulite. But it's not. It's more noticeable when I prod the sides of my thighs about 4 or 5 inches above my knees. Sort of pea - cherry sized lumpy bumps! :shock:

Emma.x

Oh :? - I don't know what else to suggest.......

You've done fantastically well to lose over 2 stone and perhaps it is something that will just gradually go away. If you're worried perhaps ask your GP - or are you at one of the SL or WW clubs? - you could ask the person running the classes?