Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

If you make sure you stretch after exercising, you shouldn't ache the next day.

As for snacks, i've started getting Graze boxes twice a week. They really are yummy, i've started t really look forward to the postman coming. If anyone wants £1 off their first box, pm me and i'll send you a code which also gives me £1 off my next box, win-win!

......I admitted that if my mind is taken off food - where I get so engrossed in something, I don't realise the time and find that I have forgotten to eat lunch - usually by 3.30 or 4 my tummy says "oi, remember me?". By that time it's not far off tea/dinner time so I don't usually bother.....

:? ...just wondering if you were saying that was a good or bad thing Koojie? :)

The healthiest day is along the lines of 3 light meals & 3 light snacks. Being engrossed in between those 6 times is good, but not skipping meals!

Glad the walk was successful! :D

As long as I have eaten breakfast, it's not so much of a bad thing for me, Sheila. Because I know if I have forgotten - I don't need it after all. My head tells me I'm hungry rather than my tummy as a rule. I have to listen to tummy more often. But then it doesn't tell me when I've had enough either, so then the head must come into it and say "oi pudding face, stop eating - you've had enough" (I remember that advert from childhood - have no idea what for - heart attack I think). Arghhh waffling and now I haven't a clue what I mean at all. Bit of both really - I think perhaps a zip on my mouth would be good. :roll:

ahh im stuck in a rut!! lost 2 stone now nothing since april and is now slowly ceeping back on!! ive been getting really bad cravings for sweet things and im scared its all gonoing to go back on!! i still need to loose another 2-3 stone, any tis for getting motivated again!!?? you all seem to be doing so weel on here!! x

I know exactly how you feel there. It would be a shame to waste all that hard effort you've put in. How about just giving into a craving a little - but not go overboard. Counteract it with reducing portions of food - or leave some food on the plate. It is a slower process, but you will still cut back a little without missing out on anything and therefore won't crave the things that you have deprived yourself of - hence the naughty urgess. Time to practice what I preach! :lol: I have reduced my portions - pasta and spuddies - very hard.

As Sheila has said, little and often is best - it keeps your blood sugar levels on a more even keel and reduces that snack craving. Protein is very good for making you feel full and less likely to snack, so a couple of eggs or a cooked breakfast is good. So is porridge.

I always have a good breakfast, then eat gradually less during the day with just a snack for supper.

I always have a good breakfast, then eat gradually less during the day with just a snack for supper.

Yes, it really helps to kick start the metabolism having a big, healthy breakfast & then little & often healthy meals & snacks.

Skipping meals is what sends the body the wrong message; to panic & store fat!

It should be so simple shouldn't it? Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied. Just doesn't work like that though :roll:

I agree that little and often is better for you. The problem for me when I go too long without food is that I will stuff too much something unhealthy down to combat the hunger. Packets of plain choc digestives are my particular downfall. I try ever so hard not to buy them :oops:

Anyway - well done people. Keep it up :)

...I agree that little and often is better for you. The problem for me when I go too long without food is that I will stuff too much something unhealthy down to combat the hunger....

This is exactly my downfall too Jlo. I must add that I don't always practice what I preach, hence my need to focus on healthy eating.

Sorry if I sounded a bit preaching in my earlier reply to Koojie. I strongly believe in the theory, but don't always put it into practise.

So, we're all in this together, it's so useful having this topic to keep reminding us, and share ideas.

I love Slimming World for the fact that I can eat & eat. There is always something to munch on. I find mug shots an absolute life saver & yummy too. I also love fresh pineapple - mmmmmm oh & 0% fat total greek yogurt with an options drink sachet or some coffee stirred into it. If doing the coffee one, I mix the coffee granuales with a bit of water, to a paste first.

I make lots of Syn free quiche too.

3 eggs & a pot of cottage cheese mixed together & baked in flan dish - in oven 160 C for 30 mins. I add a chopped onion, mushrooms & red pepper to mine. mmm

If on a green day, I can have baked beans & slimming world chips with it ( parboiled chipped potatoes, sprayed with frylight & baked in oven)with it. If on a red day, I add ham to it.

Sorry to go on, but I find this particular way of Healthy eating so easy. I can't even stand chippy chips anymore - yuk!

I eat down to earth hearty food & hubby loves it all. Obviosly he has naughtier puddings - but I never feel deprived! We have lots of barbeques too.

Give it a go - you might like it as much as me.

Emma.x

Sorry Teabag - I didn't read it like you were preaching anyway! :lol: I can be a little thick skinned at times anyway (apart from when my brother calls me a murderer, and that did upset me - plus a few other things. I know he was joking, but . . .)

So Oi be alrighty (still pirating). :D

:D Well done Emma, I kept thinking about posting here but don't have anything good to report, so I was hoping someone else would keep the topic going.

OK, will start again tomorrow now you've posted! :D

Lovely holidays to look forward to, and a Christening too, and you'll look and feel fab. 8)

My local Weight Watchers is starting a Christmas Challenge starting from next week - to lose half a stone in time for Christmas.

Don't know if they are all doing it? But I am signing up! Anyone else?

Have lost 10.5 pounds so far in the last couple of months ( :dance: ), and another half stone means I can get back into a particular dress I have for a Black Tie New Years event we are going to!! :pray::pray::pray:

Always good to have an incentive... Although am wondering about the 10km I signed up to that is getting very close now... But training has been good for the weight loss!

PS

Craftyhunnypie - Find Boutiques in your area. Great for outfits that no-one else will be wearing! Not always as expensive as you think either if you are lucky with the shops in your area, and you can look down your nose at your relatives in their highstreet clobber!!