Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

I'm back on the wagon after falling off for 4 weeks.

I've not really put any weight on ( well maybe a couple of pounds) but I can really tell I've not been exercising with how my clothes feel. So this morning i've got up bright & breezy & done my whole exercise video.

I've also got the goal ( which really helps) of the Omlet meet at Chatworth in 7 weeks time to inspire me to keep going along with my diet & exercise regime, & then after that my holidays :dance:

My slimming World class has a brand new woman leading it. Really nice & enthuthiastic - Oh & a 'real' sized - curvy woman. Which makes you feel better altogether. I went back. last week after doing it myself online. I've lost just over 2 stone & only have 2 stone to go now. Which if like before should come off pretty quick. Then I get my little holiday as my

well done off hubby. :dance:

Orange grapefruit is my new best friend - they are gorgeous with my breakfast! Oh & curly wurlys for the chocolate fix! :lol:

Emma.x

Hi, how reassuring to read this thread, I've been avoiding it like the plague :roll:

My weight loss is slow but steady, due to weigh in tonight. My concern is the size of my waist!!! in the past when I lost weight it shrank much more quickly than anywhere else but this time its not, could it be old age or that I've recently stopped HRT??

Reading this thread I can see I need to add regular exercise to my day, thanks everyone your posts really help :clap:

Emma you are really doing well!! :clap:

I have now lost 2st 2.5lb, but still feel I need to lose a bit more. I will dust my Wii fit off after the weekend, has anyone done the exercises with the trainer rather than just the fat burning bits??

Hi havent been here for a while or to WW for 4 weeks! :shock: Two kids sitting exams, parties, improptu barbeques, and weddings all to blame, plus the beautiful evening weather has made it all too tempting to go for a ride instead 8)

Anyway, got on the scales last night with much fear and quaking and had only put 1/2 a pound on :o

I find it incredibly hard to diet in the summer, it is all too tempting to sit in the garden with a bottle of wine crisps and a good book or company, I am sticking to the veg when I barbeque, and making double quantities and only having carbs in the morning along with my 18 WW points allowance. Booked the holiday as well and my eldest's girlfriend is coming out for the second week- she is 17 and skinny as a whippet so I'm in full-blown bikini panic!!!!!!

wow thats good, only half a pound!! :clap: sounds like you have maintainance of weight cracked!!! I know what you mean about bbq, wine, garlic bread etc etc its really hard. I still haven't restarted on my Wii yet :oops::oops:

4 pounds off last week :shock: must be something wrong with the WW scales as the partying has continued unabated..

Just wanted to say as its summer- get into barbequeing vegetables (see my bbq thread) you can stuff your face with char-grilled loveliness and the conscience stays clear. Accompany with tzatiki made with 0% fat Gree Yoghurt and home made tomato Salsa and you can even have a glass of wine with- hurrah!

:dance: Well done Rhapsody, Miffy, Egluntyne & Craftyhunnypie, you're all doing so well!

Probably not the best place to admit that I was so tired after work that I've eaten too many biscuits. :oops:

Sorry, I'll try again tomorrow. :angel:

It is good to see how everyone's doing. :D

I am pleased to say I resisted my fav pasties from Philps in Hayle AND bread & butter pudding at the local pub this evening........also I got into size 12 jeans today...its NEVER happened before I was born bigger than that :o . How ever I only lost half a pound last week, very disapointing :(

After all my report writing snacking i have decided to give fitness and healthy eating another go. I really need to

loose a stone and a half but I'll start small. The right side of 10st would be nice.

I went on my new cycle trainer tonight and it was great!

Well done everyone who has lost weight this week . . :D

oh my word :shock:

ive been invited on hoilday with SIL :shock: , we wont be going til next summer - but I NEED to lose weight, I need to lose 3 (4?) stone (ok, i dont but I want to be slinky on holiday next year :lol: )

I need regular kicks up the behind and to be bullied into training and going to the gym

HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP :anxious::anxious:

cathy

x

when I lost weight to go on a special holiday, (years ago) I kept going into shops to look at what clotes I would be able to get when I had lost weight, it worked for me........but I probably spent as much on clothes as I did on the holiday in the end. I kept the weight off for just over a year, then stres.....ssss and back it all went again. I did the gym too...NEVER AGAIN... all those sweaty bodies thin strps of lycra going into their nether regions :vom::shock: nope NEVER AGAIN. I walk and threaten to dust my Wii fit board off :roll::oops:

Hooray!!!!! lost 3lb this week and got 2.5st award!!!!!!!!! I cant believe it :shock: I think I was born weighting more than I do now.

Typically I have got 5 weeks left of my countdown, wonder if I could lose 6lb in 5 weeks to get to a 3 stone loss???? not sure but feeling really chuffed!!!!!

If I can do it, you all can just keep at it and dont beat yourself up if you occasionally have a gain, we still have to live life

Can I join in please. Have joined SW as although I don't need to lose too much weight my eldest DD (19) does :( Fingers crossed she's in the right frame of mind to be positive and change her eating habits as I'm really worried about her. Eating at home is fine, although portions on the large side :oops: but away from home seems to be the problem. Eating a big dinner late after a shift at work and there's usually hugely calorific desserts to tempt her as well. She chose red snapper the other night instead of a huge roast dinner and also turned down creme brulee in favour of strawbs.

Am just hoping I've got the portion control right as a lot of what I would already cook is no different to SW. Think if I can keep off the bread and mega chocolate eating sessions I could be ok.

Has slimmingeats.com been posted before as there's some delicious recipes on there.

I joined Weight Watchers in April 2010.

My GP practice has set up a scheme with Weight Watchers & Worcester University Gym.

The GP criteria for acceptance on to the scheme was:-

1. A BMI reading over 30 (mine was 33)

2. Being "Obese"

3. Loose 7lb independently before joining the scheme.

4. Attend a weekly weigh in at the GP Practice.

I get:-

1. A "free" weekly (Tuesday) session at Weight Watchers until 31 December 2010.

2. A weekly weigh in at the GP's (Friday) until 31 December 2010.

3. Unlimited Gym membership for £ 10.00 per month until 31 December 2010

4. 2 "free" sessions with a personal trainer. The first session for an assessment. The second session for an exercise programme specific to me. (The personal trainer attends all weight watcher sessions with us on a Tuesday).

There are 20 members in my group, 15 ladies, 5 men.

Of the 5 men, so far we have all lost between 21 lbs - 50lbs (I've lost 29lb, 4 "7" stickers) and hopefully I will get my 10% keyring this week !!!!

Thoroughly enjoying it. The men have adapted a "world cup" chart for league tables which gives an extra incentive.

I was shocked at my "portion size". The first time I weighed my breakfast cereals I found 120gr in my bowl, the recommended amount is 30gr. Now buying less breakfast cereals.

I have bought a "portion plate" but don't use it as it's too small :lol:

Getting weighed twice (Tuesday/Friday) is also a good idea, less time to go "off the rails".

I'm now entitled to 28 points per day, which I never need, usually 22-25 points plus I'm getting 3-6 extra points most days through exercise, cycle 10 miles twice a week, 30 mins treadmill & 30 mins weights twice a week.

I'm not using any medication for reducing my Cholestral or Blood Pressure, it's reducing through exercise & diet.

I'm still missing "ALCOHOL" :shameonu: