Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Well done :clap: That's brilliant :clap: Will you still go along to the meetings?

Yes, I have to for the next 5 weeks for my "Maintenance Plan" ???

I have now had my daily points allowance increases by 6 (six) points while my weight stabilises, though I've never really used my daily allowance (27 points). Usually I've been using around 20 points unless alcohol is involved !!!

I think that continu(e)ing with the meetings will be the only way that I'll manage to maintain the weight and I find that the weekly weigh-in works as an incentive for me (and the others in my group). Like most people, I get really disappointed when I've not lost any weight.

Treating myself to the day off on Friday. Going clothes shopping in Birminhgham for the day (alone, as I too can shop :wink: ) .

I'm looking for a few decent work suits/shirts and a couple of pairs of jeans and some of the new Bose "in-ear Headphones" as mine are now wrecked following 45 minute gym sessions, 3 times a week for the last six months.

I've never smoked.

I got caught by my Mother at the age of 13 years stealing my father's cigarettes (a 40 a day Taxi Driver).

My Mother then made me stand in the garden and smoke all of the remaining cigarettes in the packet.

I managed 3 or 4 cigarettes before I was sick, while trying to avoid slaps from a wooden Scholl sandal (my mother's preferred weapon for her children, it was always with her, she could use one in each hand, it could be used for slapping or throwing, it was indiscriminate, everyone was scared of it, easy to get on or off and apparently very "comfy". :lol: Happy Days.

I often think that if the government were serious about reducing smoking related illness they could adopt my mother's method.

1. Supply every parent of a 13 year old child a packet of 20 cigarettes

2. Force the child to chainsmoke the packet of cigarettes until they are sick

3. Monitor/Record the results. How many of these children become smokers and how many of these children never smoke again.

No, I haven't heard anything.........

It won't make any difference to what I eat after I realised the other week that although pumpkin is 0 Points but eating too much isn't a good idea if I actually want to lose weight :whistle: - ditto beetroot :roll: (we've grown lots of both)........and I always put weight on if I choose bananas as my preferred fruit!

I'd not heard about the points changes but I knew the snacks sold at meetings were changing. That doesn't bother me because I don't buy them anyway.

Another 2.5 lbs lost this week :dance: I nearly jumped for joy at weigh in, I was so chuffed with that. 10.5 lbs lost since a started a month ago. I don't feel particularly thinner but I did buy some new undies at the weekend, same old size, and they head south at an alarming rate! I see me everyday and so probably don't notice the difference but I'm seeing my mum on Monday and I haven't seen her for a few weeks so she might notice a difference. If only I could lose the weight off of my ample bossomage, I reckon they're at least a stone each :roll:

Well the weight is still the same, but I went for a long walk yesterday (enforced quick march up a steep hill along a very windy narrow road and it was scary). Result, lungs fit to burst and still feel like it, but glutton for punishment went swimming today. Lost count but I timed my lengths and found them to be the same - 8 lengths in just over 6 minutes. OH reckons I must have done 93 - but as I do even lengths it's either 92 or 94 - and I could have gone on even longer, but one hour and ten minutes was long enough and although I felt OK I thought I might overdo it. So I'm really blowing my own trumpet now! :oops::lol: No stopping either and I didn't get puffed.

Measurements are still the same apart from my boobs which have lost half an inch. WHY THERE???? WHY NOT THE BIT THAT REALLY NEEDS TO LOSE IT? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

Anyhow Clash, that's a lovely piccy there. Well done. :clap::clap::clap::clap: