Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Excellent WW meeting today - heard all about the Propoints - all the info is on the website today as well if you're a Monthly Pass or Online member - and I lost 2lbs :D

The Message Boards over on WW have been buzzing all weekend - some not very happy people on there....particularly ones who bought the scales recently.

Down 2lb. I'm now 5lb under my target, luckily football tonight and Saturday so I'll soon get that back :lol:

Got introduced to the new system last night, looks ok, although having to learn the new points allowances is going to be a pain for a few weeks, I'm already thinking about investing in a new points calculator at the next meeting.

I'm now allowed a 39 propoints daily allowance, up from 27 points.

Anyone know how your new points allowance is calculated ?

certainly seems like WW is moving towards the SW type plan, all that matters is that it works for you really!

I am feeling rather proud this morning ...its a year since I began SW (again :roll: ) and I have lost 3st 2.5lb and maintained target for 3 months now. I would post before & after pics but I dont have any after pics...yet.

So having spent 12 months losing weight I now need to spend 12 months getting fit...so have taken the first step and have joined a beginers course in Pilates. :lol: someone said "oh thats like elegant yoga" :D however when I though about myself....all that came to mind was beached whale.. :lol:

Well done both :clap:

Pilates will be really good Miffy - hope you enjoy it. I had to give up Pilates after I injured my knee as I can't kneel or get down onto the floor anymore.....I really miss it :( Aquafit is nearly as good :D

Clash - I'm getting used to the new points..... a bit of a pain though. There isn't anything in the pack to show how P Points are awarded - I was put onto 29 which apparently is the lowest for women.....I was on 22 before and the lowest was 18 (I think?) I don't know why I'm on the lowest level and would like to see how it is calculated :?

I've converted all my recipes in my Recipe Builder file - another pain in the backside but it's done. I'm glad I only had 10 recipes in there. I've also stuck little stickers in one of my cookbooks and have started on another.......of course, I have nothing better to do with my time :roll:

Offical start for me today on new WW pro-points plan. Been a WW'er for over 10 years on and off.

Did really well up till Christmas last year and lost the plot completely and havent managed to get back in the saddle. :wall:

Been back at WW couple of weeks but with the new plan about to come in must say have been naughty and not really followed old WW plan. :oops: .. but that all stops TODAY! and cracking whip and starting new plan. :dance:

Got to sort it all out in my head though as old plan is pretty much ingrained.

If anyone else doing it found a great link to configure Iphone app Iwatchr to work out pro points. Its on a diet forum, not sure if can mention on here? and if can dont know how to add link. Perhaps someone can advise ? thanks. xx

Its a forum that caters for all diet and seems quite good. :D

Best wishes to all trying to loose at moment. :)

Help!

I'm heavier atm than I have ever been - need to lose 3 stone at least as I'm beginning to notice the impact, walking up hill etc...Never been sylphlike but usually containable, size 12/14....now 16+ which at 5'4" is seriously bad news!

Last year I broke my arm quite badly and spent some time off work, sitting on the sofa feeling sorry for myself and eating chocolate with predictable results..Since then I've had the menopause too...and the things that used to work to improve things simply don't.

But I'm manically busy (I know, we all are) and tend to eat my main meal stupidly late, after evening meetings......or have no time to prepare it so resort to convenience food.....And I love chocolate.

All of which is seriously bad news.

So I need to do something....

Somewhere on this loooooooooong thread there must be a recommendation for a diet for a stupidly busy person who eats alone during the week....I'd love any hints or tips going! I surely need them.

Willing to do any of the diet plans online (not a HOPE of getting to a local group...life is far too unpredictable for that)but your ideas would be much appreciated.

I have converted over to propoints on WW this week and I'm finding it quite strict on a daily basis but I really like the bonus 49 points per week so you can treat yourself and eat out- but I REALLY need an eating out guide.

@ Goodinparts I'm sure you are a very busy person, but I truly believe that the key to sucess is to treat your diet plan not as some kind of punishment but as you being good to yourself, and loving yourself enough to see it through. I help out at my local WW group and can testify it is possible to be weighed, chat to your leader, pick up the weeks info and go to the shop all in 10 minutes...

That's interesting and encouraging...SW actually meets in the school attached to one of my churches, so I'd thought that if I went to a meeting at all I'd go there, but they say to allow an hour - and as their session coincides with a weekly commitment that lasts for 45 minutes of the 90 minutes that they are there I'd kind of assumed that it wouldn't work. If WW sessions are likely to be quicker, perhaps I should investigate that....Will start online, as that seems the most realistic hope (worked before, I just relapsed in a big way when I moved job/house/community) but if I am not making time for it properly then will contact the local group after my 3 month online starter...

Am trying not to see it as an ordeal - the biggest issue is going to be the struggle to find a sensible time to eat sensible food! But as I'm on my own in the week, it ought to be easier to plan round my own needs.

:pray:

Our meetings at SW are only for an hour and there are lots of people who only go to get weighed although for the first couple of weeks it's probably better to stay if you can. Would imagine it would certianly be best for the first week.

I find extra easy on SW a doddle as there is hardly any weighing or measuring involved. Everyone's different, but for me weighing and measuring everything means I then obsess all day about food:oops: That's why WW wasn't for me.

First Weigh in since starting ProPoints down 2lb, (now half a stone under my goal).

Mixed reaction to the new system in my group. Lots of folk don't like using the ProPoint calculator wheel and most of them (me included) bought a new calculator.

I didn't use any of my extra weekly allowance points and when I asked my group only one person had used the full 49 points, a few had used a couple of their extra weekly allowance but most people were worried/scared to use the extra points available (again me included :lol: )

I've signed up for a "Santathon" 5 mile run in a couple of weeks time, so I've increased my exercise slighty, gained over 50 Activity points through cycling & running on a treadmill. :clap:

3 lbs lost this week bringing it to a grand total of 16.5 lbs since the end of September :dance:

Blown the extra 49 points out of the water today at an all you can eat Chinese buffet :lol: I think I showed remarkable restraint, only two small plates of main courses and a tiny amount of pudding.

Need to tell someone......buffet lunch at clergy training day today included legendarily wonderful chocolate brownies and I ignored them and had a satsuma :!:

I can't believe I managed this - have serious chocoholic issues so feel both stunned & rather pleased...

Weigh in on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Well done! :D - I hope you are rewarded on Monday.

I didn't use my weekly points last week - stepped up my exersize - and lost 1lb :( I was told to make sure I ate all of my daily points. This week I used 36 of my weekly on a meal out and was keeping to my 29 points but then had food poisoning yesterday, I'm still feeling a bit fragile and not too hungry.......goodness knows what the scales will say on Monday.