Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Looking good Clash, what a difference :)

I've lost 1 1/2lb at WI this week which is great considering what's gone on in my life lately and what I've eaten - homemade cream scones and a whole parkin cake to name a couple of things :oops:

However, DH and DD's are complaining that my legs look too skinny and I've lost more off my boobs :?

:dance::dance::dance: Despite my cooker breaking last Wednesday and only being fixed yesterday, eating two take-aways, went out for dinner twice and the rest of the time eating stews from the slow cooker I've managed to lose 3 lbs this week :dance::dance::dance: Only half a pound to go then I've lost a stone :D I'm chuffed to bits :D Still a long way to go but I feel like I'm really making a difference now :D

Well done Lesley :clap:

I've read on the Daily Mail website about the changes to the way WW works. It doesn't look too bad. I'm pleased that fruit will be zero points because I could eat my own body weight in pears whilst at work :lol: We've been told we'll get told all about it at our meeting on the 10th.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1325050/Weigh"Ooops, word censored!"chers-lets-naughty-abandoning-calorie-based-points-plan.html

I was one of the helpers today.........and I have the new details :D We don't get them officially until next Monday, but I've got to see what I think of it. I won't spoil it for those of you who go to WW.

I'm just trying to get my head around the new system - I'm never fond of change anyway and it seems to be a bit more complicated but interesting.

I'll let you all find out at your classes though........

Well done Lesley & Griffin, you have inspired me to get motivated again, I keep lapsing but really need to get back to healthy eating chat.

Aiming to lose up to 2 stone, definitely one, or one and a half would be realistic target.

However, it's the last one that is hardest, but I'm going to join in again, if that's OK, I find the posting here helps.

Anyone else keeping up or joining in? :D

Oh I have only just found this thread. :lol:

I have just started going back to WW, and like most will get to see the new plan soon. Am a bit scared of trying it as my friend who is a helper has been doing it for a week and put on 4lb :shock::shock: . Shes well versed in doing WW so shes not happy at all, and has gone back to normal pointing. :think:

Perhaps she's been eating bananas as they're now free - I know if I eat bananas I will put weight on so I shall stick to just one or two a week at most.

I've read the new pack and know exactly how I feel about it................... :silenced:

One thing I am really annoyed about is the fact that I've bought 3 cookery books since I started just a few weeks ago and they will be obsolete in terms of the ProPoints - unless I go through them and calculate the ProPoints :evil:

We'll keep you company Sheila :D

Well it's all frustrating still. I know that my tummy is getting flatter, but the scales are still the same. This week I did 100 lengths and tried to race with several of them. So I know I did 76 in one hour, but when I slowed down I slowed too much and so rather than the 90 ish lengths in 1hr 10 at a steady pace . . . well, bleh. Although it did get the heart rate up so that must have confused the body. I've also been doing more walking with OH and trotting across the fields on my own. As a result the killer hill is still a killer hill but not quite as much - I don't ramble, I push myself really hard. I still sound like Darth Vader apparently. DD said I looked "thin" this week, I laughed, but she said she hadn't really looked. My neighbour said I have a shape now - more out in out than round, and that it's going from my face. I actually saw cheekbones last night - it's sinking inwards! But still not where I want it to blinking go from.

So I've started eating some sort of brekkers. Usually a couple of Weetabix and the other day I had toast with home made lime curd just to try and kick this regime up the bum. I'm not giving up - it has to go sooner or later.

8.gif8.gif8.gif

Bananas are the devils work :vom: Georgia rested one on my knee the other day while she fiddled with something else and it made me wretch being in such close proximity to one :vom: I feel ill just thinking about it :lol:

Since doing WW I've been making sure I eat breakfast every day. Recently it's been sultana bran which normally isn't too horrendous but these past few days I've had a dreadful cold and nearly everything tastes and feels like cardboard.

Bananas I have no problem with - thank goodness I can steer clear of beetroot - now that does have that :vom: effect on me! Actually I'd forgotten about them - I can chomp on one before I go yomping across the fields. Hah! Chompandyomp!

They are getting quite muddy now so it can be like skating - one minute you're up, one unsteady step and it's splits in the goo. Or fall into the stream! I notice someone has been riding horses on the footpath which is churning it up nicely. Makes the inner thigh muscle work though (ow)! :lol:

I think am going to stick to the old plan and know where I am with that.... been doing it long enough :lol::lol:

Just cancelled my monthly pass, and going to look on ebay for old points calc.

I just cant see how if everyone going to have 29 propoints + an extra 49 its going to work!! it seems a bit like Slimming world and I never got on with that.

I think it sucks for those that have just bought the old plan books and gadgets which are now no good for new plan. Sneaky marketing by WW i think.!!! :evil:

Just read the WW article in "Bella" magazine.

46 points for being a bloke, plus 49 proplus points once a week for treats. Add to that the extra points I get for exercise and I'll be up to 100 points on a Saturday "match day".

8 pints Stella = 48 points.

Chinese/Indian takeaway = 33 points

Pasty at half-time 15 points

Total 96 points. (within my new allowance)

This "lifestyle" is why I got sent to Weight Watchers !!!!! :lol::lol:

Re Breakfast,

50 gr Porridge plus 100 gr of any fruit, Blackberry, Strawberry, Pineapple, Prunes etc (4 points total)

last me most of the morning.

Will my "Points Calculator" need updating ?

Valkyire - don't weigh yourself; go by how your clothes fit. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you're exercising, the scales may not show the result you'd expect.

Can I suggest two eggs for breakfast, or eggs and a slice or two of ham? Stick with protein, which is more filling and takes longer to digest, rather than carbs. Carbs just fuel the addiction and make you want to eat more of them... and have a nasty habit of gathering around yer midriff :roll:

Do you eat meat? Some chicken (or tuna) marinated in olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice and zest, honey and ginger is wonderful when poached or roasted and eaten with a fresh green salad. It's really filling too.

The only carbs that are good are wholemeal ones like oatmeal, wholemeal porridge, wholemeal rice....

The South Beach diet works on these principles and has some lovely recipes.

It's all physics - it's the density. Now I'm forgetting a lot, but mass can be measured by water displacement and how much the bath overflows when I go in it! :lol:

My clothes are beginning to see room in them. My old jogging trousers now have room and my knickers fit over my tum instead of sitting nicely underneath (OK you can all puke now).

I have avoided bread, but I don't think Weetabix agrees with me - I do like porridge though, so I think I might get stuck into some of that for brunch. But apart from that I've just had the meal in the evening - and giving myself less on the plate too. I don't think I've been eating enough. Eggs? What are they? 8 birds on strike at the moment! I agree with the protein side of it - although too much protein will give you bad breath. There's always something wrong! :lol:

I have avoided bread

Weight Watchers call it "education" but I'm beginning to think that it's "brain washing".

"It's not the bread's (or pizza's) fault, It's what you choose to accompany it" !!!!!

My favourite snack

2 thickly cut slices of granary bread

a thick level of peanut butter

3-4 rashers of bacon with the rind

lashings of HP fruity sauce, plus crisps, scotch eggs, pickled onions. (it's not the breads fault :wink: )

likewise with pizza

cheese & tomato pizza

add

meat feast topping, chilli sauce, chicken dippers, wings & bbq sauce, potato wedges, doughnuts and booze,

(it's not the pizza's fault). :lol:

One thing I am really annoyed about is the fact that I've bought 3 cookery books since I started just a few weeks ago and they will be obsolete in terms of the ProPoints - unless I go through them and calculate the ProPoints :evil:

My sister was told on Thursday that there is a booklet for the Fast and Filling (?) cookbook with the revised points - so maybe not as annoyimg as I first thought!