Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Uh oh :( I am so weak willed! I opened the baci di dama, intending to just have a couple after tea. The children were supposed to help me, but decided they preferred ice lollies. So I had to eat them all :(:( Think I've just used about 50 propoints :evil: Will have to do an extra long, brisk dog walk tomorrow as damage limitation, just hope it's not raining or we won't get very far *sighs*

I am struggling today too Snowy. :?

I have been ok so far but its getting harder and harder with all the festive treats about. Its so difficult to stick to any kind of diet at this time of year.

So far today I have been given a large box of festive shortbread, 2 x selection boxes, a pack of mince pies.. and a box of choccies. :roll: I am already over on my daily points and know if I start eating any of those I will be on slippery slope again. :wall:

I dont mean to sound ungrateful but really wish hadnt been given these things. Have worked so hard to try and get a few pounds back off and at risk of spoiling it now.

Am off to the gym to try and burn off a few calories and avoid the temptation of eating some of that stuff. xx

I've been on a joint scheme (with 39 other people) through my GP and Weight Watchers since May 2010, including "free" Weight Watchers weekly meetings, Monthly Monitoring at the GP and reduced monthly fees at my local University Gym (£10 per month).

Today was my last schedulled Monitoring session with my GP.

Start Weight 16st 6lbs ..............Weight today 13st 0lb (48lbs)

Exercise, Nil...........................Exercise, Running 5 miles, 3 times per week on a Treadmill, Cycling

Start Waist 40 inch...................Waist today 33inch

Cholestral 7.9..........................Cholestral today 4.8 (my reason for being on the scheme, High Cholestral)

I've not used any medication to reduce my Cholestral.

My Weight Watchers Goal was 13st 7lbs which I achieved 5th October 2010 (Gold Member) and have maintained for the last 10 weeks (including this week !!!).

27 members of my group (including me) have today been offered a further six months on the scheme - "ACE".

13 new members are starting 4th Jan 2011 to replace those members who either the GP, Weight Watchers

Co-ordinators or the Gymnasium Staff thought "unsuitable to continue".

Happy Days :clap:

I'm resigned to the fact I'm not going to get to my WW meeting tomorrow morning. We've had more snow overnight :roll: I've been so good and really hoping to get my 10%. I am hoping to attempt to get my car out to Sainsburys tomorrow but that's on the main roads whereas my WW meeting is 10 miles away via twisty turny country roads plus a few dodgy bridges over the Thames for good measure. I'm not a happy bunny :cry:

Made it to my 5% goal today - 10lb gone...My boys are home from uni now so it's getting harder to be disciplined and once we hit Christmas Eve I'm not going to track but just try and stay as sensible as I can. Best thing is that eating less means I WANT to eat less now - so I can have small portions of things & not feel deprived.

Lesley & Clash - you are both brilliant & what a fab GP to have that sort of programme. Great news :D

Well done G! :D - we'll just have to pretend we've been to meetings......the only problem is that when we do go back we'll probably weigh a little bit more and have to do it all again :roll:

My gym membership is courtesy of a GP scheme - not as comprehensive as Clash's but after the 26 sessions with a personal trainer I was able to join the gym for half price forever. I don't use the gym much but all the other classes are then free so I do Aquafit as I love being in the pool and it's easier on my knee.

The other WW meeting was cancelled as well :( - my sister would have collected her 4 stone sticker! I have lost more than I planned and have now lost 1stone 2lbs :D Just need to be careful over the Christmas break......

I was the only person to turn up for Aquafit so it was cancelled :( - I had a good swim with my grandchildren though and we went to have a look at the new refurbished gym which opened today.

Well done everyone :) I've missed the last two weeks WI and was wondering how I'd have done as I've not been following it religiously as I've been too cold and needed stodge. Anyway, I've maintained so that means I've stayed the same for the past five weeks. I wonder if I'm at my "natural" weight and should call target :?

Well I have definitely lost a few pounds! Despite giving up for a few days over christmas (and sneaking the odd choccy on other days as well! :oops: ). But not sure exactly how much :? I don't have accurate scales at home, so guessed my start weight. When I weighed myself at work a few days later, I was several pounds heavier than I'd expected (but I forgot to write it down and promptly forgot!I remember it being 'nearly 14 stone' :shock: ) Today I'm at what I'd originally guessed for myself (13st 8lbs). So I think I've done OK :lol:

Well done Snowy 8) - has it helped your BP?

I have put some on - hardly surprising with birthday as well as Christmas. I have my Dad's 80th birthday on the 1st, which I am catering for.......and then I'll be back to healthier eating.

I don't have a WW meeting until Monday (10th?) - I'll do the 5 day phase of the Harcombe Diet next week.

Then we have 2 more birthdays on 12th and 14th :shock:

I think it's only all the medication helping my BP at the moment Lesley! :lol: Hope it will improve it even more though in the longer term. I have got beetroot juice capsules as well - the beetroot juice itself was really high in salt! And I'm taking floradix for anaemia - love that, it tastes gorgeous! 8) Feeling like a junkie at the moment :?

Ooo I've been directed to this thread.

OH and myself are on the pig to twig diet this is our third day. It's high protein low carb and so far it doesn't feel much like a diet.

We've been taking our vitamins and walking the dog more so fingers crossed a hit of weight loss in time for hols in march.

Has anyone tried this diet? X