Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Yay. Lost 5lb in week 1....I know that it's miles easier to lose at the beginning, & things will certainly get trickier as time passes but I'm really pleased with that :D

ALSO managed to resist assorted foodie temptations on a day out with an old school friend today....Had vegi casserole for lunch - and no pudding! No...it won't last, but making the most of the motivation while it's there :wink:

Week 2 of ProPoints and no change in my weight this week, still 7lb under my goal.

I'm still not using any of my extra 49 point weekly allowance, although a few more people had used their allocation this week.

My group this week put more weight on than they lost. This is the first time that it has happened since the group started in January 2010.

The group (40 people in total, 37 got weighed this week) lost a total of 23lbs, added 27lbs and 4 members remained the same weight.

Well done Griffin! :clap:

Still swimming (been locked out again forum didn't recognise me - thankies Barbara) and I'm now down to 16st and 1 or 2 lb. Today I was racing and did 100 lengths in 1hr and 15 minutes. That'll teach those stupid men that I'm not slow when I get my dander up! :twisted: Nearly swam over one of them today! :lol:

Even OH has noticed the tummy doesn't ooze out over the bed like it used to! Not sure whether that was a nice thing for him to say or not. Didn't walk last weekend because we went to the National (well I did - not him), and I've missed a walk this week because of chores and cleaning the cube while I had the chance. Still, all exercise particularly as I have had to run around chasing a very naughty maran who doesn't want to go to bed every night for a few weeks. :roll:

I'm now eating brekkers because I have a very bossy friend who keeps nagging me. I'll put the measurements up next week.

So with the extra poundage gone measurements as follows:

Boobs = 44inches (loss of 1inch)

Waist = 39inches (2 inches lost :dance: )

Tum and bum = give up with that as they are now no longer on the same level! :lol:

Thighs = 47 inches (.5 inch lost)

Calf = 19 inches (no change)

I feel go-od dododododododo!

It's goin' dowwwwwwwwwn! :dance::dance::dance:

Now completed four weeks at the new Propoints.

No change in my weight, I'm still 7lbs below my goal weight, which I've now maintained for 8 weeks.

Reduced my exercise to a regular 3 times per week, 40-50 minutes sessions of cycling or treadmill.

I'm still not using any of the extra 49 extra weekly allowance points.

I imagine that the next 2-3 weeks are going to be difficult with various "Seasonal Temptations & Feeders".

I'll be struggling later in the month with Christmas, Birthday and Dad's birthday on Jan 1st so I'll be with you on Jan 2nd Griffin!

I've lost 12.5lbs now and just have that 1.5lbs for my stone before Christmas......nearly there. I got my 5% sticker today as well - then the Aquafit class went to Carluccio's for our Christmas get-together :D As it's Monday (WI day)then it doesn't count..... :wink:

I finally set up my Wii Fit - it's been in its box for a year :oops: It told me I was obese and my Mii exploded from slim to Michelin Man at the same time :shock: - I could go off it :lol::roll:

Hi all - can I join in please? :D

I don't usually come in here, generally being fat and quite content with it (or too bone idle to do anything about it :wink: ) But needs must and the blood pressure isn't coming down as well as I'd like, so I've signed up to Weigh"Ooops, word censored!"chers Online tonight. I know it's a bad time of year to start but figured it would at least help me to take it easy over christmas! I thought I'd start by logging what I'd eaten today as it wasn't much :shock: 61 points already!!! It obviously wasn't a lot of the very worst things possible :roll:

You've all done so well - I'm hoping that all your efforts will inspire me! 8)

Stayed the same again this week - so that's 7lb down in 4 weeks but I'm not going to get to my personal goal before Christmas :(

However I'm quite pleased that today I was out with friends for lunch and a)was full before end of main course and b) even after lengthy wait was able to resist puddings...

I'm hoping that my having eaten less will carry on meaning i don't have room for silly amounts, even if I do eat some stupid things over Christmas. It'll be the wine that gets me, though

WHY is it such hard work to do healthy eating?

Just thought I'd join in here. I went to see a nutritionist back in May. She has me on various supplements, off wheat and dairy products and a detailed list of teh best foods for my type. Without trying I've lost 20lbs so far and not really missed anything. Occasionally I do cheat but now I've cleared my system I find I react badly to wheat and dairy and don't really want them that much. Cost me a fortune but it's good to know that so much of the excess weight I was carrying was down to foods my body didn't want and was struggling to deal with.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

All that mince pie & chocolate brazil guzzling didn't do too much harm because I've lost another 2 lbs :D 21.5 lbs in total now, got my third silver seven and I'm now just 2.5 lbs away from 10% body weight lost :D I'm going to try extra hard to be good between now and next Wednesday because I'd be over the moon if I reached 10% by then :D

I'm going to give me a pat on the back because I cannot believe I've stuck at it since the end of September. I have never dieted for longer than a month and dare I say it, I do actually enjoy it. I love my meeting, I love the ladies there and that helps to keep me on track.