Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

I had popped my 2 pounds back on so this week, no alchol and LESS jam! Mind you of course I made a cake yesterday for the hen party and ate a slice. There is one LARGE slice left! Also I made super yummy biccies, which are about 130 calories each so it's no more than 1 a day of those.

I got a call today from lighterlife head office, a magazine is interested in my story apparently so watch this space......

As for the exercise - I just want to tone, I DON'T do sweat although the pole dancing comes close! Pilates works well as does a good weights session with some light cardio - I don't get on the treadmill and do anythign that will make me red, puffed and sweaty!

Well, it was week three's weigh in last night and I lost another 5 lb! :D I'm nearly at that 2 stone weight loss, hopefully I'll reach past that next week.

OH is doing amazingly well too he has lost 30lb in a fortnight!! He looks so well too.

It's been really beneficial to do this together. There's no conventional food around to tempt us and we give each other that extra support when we need it.

I've been doing some extra walking to get to my 10,000 steps a day but I'm hoping to join a powerplate class next week to help with toning. Apparently you lose significant inches if you do it regularly. I need all the help I can get to reduce the wobbly bits! :lol:

Well done moochoo :clap::clap::clap:

I have a small Power Max machine at home that I got from a garage sale - I don't use it very often but the PowerPlates at the gym are my fave! No matter what I skip I don't skip power plates - today I only had half hour whilst James did his swimming lesson so I did 20 mins on the powerplates. I wish they did a class there though - I@m going to push the manager for one.

Although I am now signed up for the pole dancing classes - starting on Sunday!

I just got back from the Munich Oktoberfest so lord knows what has happened to my diet! But back on WW immediately and keeping up BodyPump and BodyStep. Fingers crossed I didn't do too much damage with all that Bavarian Revelry :mrgreen:

Well done everyone- skinny jeans for Xmas!!!!!!!!

I'm under 10 stone again - 9.13 this morning as I'd shaved off the famous 2 pounds plus another pound and a half. Dunno how really I've been eating jam and homemade biscuits far too often this week!

My counsellor pointed out I'd lost close to 11 stone now.

I had a call in the week from Lighterlife head office as a magazine are interested in my story. My counsellor told me it's actually a national newspaper! She also wants me to do some local publicity for her. I could be on page 3 yet - I know my luck, it'll be the Sun or the Mirror - the two papers MOST likely to be read by any pupils/parents.

Excellent redfrock - baggy clothes are great!

I had a call from the press people tonight to say there is a journalist from the UK press agency who will be calling me to work on my story - she works with papers, magazines etc.

It's all very exciting - I should get a lovely photoshoot out of it and be famous for 15 minutes.

Mind you I may have had 3 small slices of cake today! I'm taking the rest to work tomorrow before I eat the lot!

On the positive side though - all my counselling has taught me loads. One of the cakes I made was a chocolate mint cake and I thought what it really needed to finish it off was mint matchmakers. Then I remembered how much I LOVE mint matchmakers and how much they would call to me if I bought a packet. So the cake wen't without - so that I wouldn't empty a box. I know I'll eat mint matchmakers again one day but they will be from a box somebody offers rather than one I buy and subsequently scoff. a year or so ago I would have bought the box, put a few bits on the cake and then sat here eating them - a few before and a few after my 200g evening bag of kettle chips. Both the crisps and the chocolates would have been polished of in one sitting.

At the time I didn't realise I had such serious food issues!

Well done you guys!

another 2lb off tonight, making it 10lb in 5 weeks :D

My clothes are noticably baggier and I am chuffed to bits :D

I take it that your bra hasn't gone baggy then Hon??!!! :lol::lol::wink:

funny you should say that :lol: - I was discussing it at work today! I need to buy new bras as they are too big round the back but the cup size still fits a treat! It is the one thing Andy is begging me not to lose :wink:

Too broke to buy any more clothes yet though :( - might as well wait until a few more pounds have come off :roll:

I have been very good this week with my eating except yesterday :oops: It did not make me feel good at all and then I wonder why I did it :roll: I try to remember that feeling the next time I fancy eating rubbish :lol::lol::lol: My best friend was over with her 6 week old son, so I had goodies/rubbish in the house :roll:

DON'T have the goodies/rubbish in the house. If people come over offer them a healthy snack instead of the junk. Don't compromise your own diet for others.

We no longer keep crisps in the house (Well mother bought a six pack and I wen't BANANAS - she has hidden them somewhere now!) because I have a problem with crisps. I'm allowed to eat them but I used to snack on them and can demolish a six pack without blinking. I will have a bag when I am out and often I will share them with James too but I WONT have them in the house where I could be tempted to snack. James understands this - he is allowed crisps when we are out. It's just Mum who is struggling.

When people come over I often have a home made cake to offer them, I make low fat sugar substitute muffins and keep them in the freezer, they are super yummy and 100 calories each and great to offer visitors too.