Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

I had my first lighterlife weigh in last night and I lost 12.25lb! I know you always lose more your first week on any diet, but I'm really chuffed.

I'm finding it so easy not to deal with real food at the minute and the councilling sessions are good too.

My first milestone reached on a long journey.

I know I need to loose weight but have done nothing about it :oops::roll: Yesterday DS who is three took a pic of me with DD2 Fisherprice digital camera :shock: It was shocking, I then hopped on the scales this morning to discover I was half a stone heavier then I thought I was :( Well that has shocked my sorry bum into doing something about it :D I have decided only to weigh myself once a week so I do not become to obsessed :roll: I suppose i just want my clothes to fit correctly rather then having a muffin top :oops::lol::lol:

well done girls!

meanwhile I had lost another 2lb at today's weigh in, taking my grand total to half a stone in 3 weeks :D . Seeing the results is definitely keeping my motivated, and I am enjoying my class. Also some of the women at my class have had amazing results, such as 3 stone in 6 months :shock: - again this helps keep me motivated. I am definitely not feeling deprived on the SW diet. I think I have at last found one that works for me :D

I have my WW weigh-in tonight. I feel I've got used to the eating plan now, after all there arent any foods you cant have, you just have to allow points for them. Butter has been a big revelation, on breakfasts and snacks I was eating far too much of this. A heaped teaspoon is 2 points- thats a glass of wine godammit!

I have bought somw WW products for instance I currently have 2 WW sausages in the Actifry (3 points for 2) and will have a sausage butty with WW bread (1 point for 2) so will have a fab breakfast for 4 points (out of my daily 21).

Small portions of chicken breast cut up fine and a whole bag of stir-fry is my staple lunch, with plenty of soy sauce 5 spice and chilli (3 points).

I feel so motivated, I have my skinny jeans on standby for Xmas!

Good luck and well done everyone, and remember dont 'lose' weight cos when you lose something you go looking for it, say goodbye to it permanently!!!!!!

OMG, I had my weigh in last night and I've lost another 8lb!! :shock:

This diet is amazing, I've never felt so well. No hunger, no cravings and no headaches. Plus the weight is just dropping off.

For the first time in my adult life I can actually visualise me being slimmer and healthier.

Long may it continue!

Thanks for the support. It may seem a lot to lose so quickly but I have got nearly half my body weight to lose. It's really motivating seeing great results each week.

It's good to see everyone else shedding those pounds too. I just can't wait for people to start commenting on how I look when I lose some more!

OMG, I had my weigh in last night and I've lost another 8lb!! :shock:

This diet is amazing, I've never felt so well. No hunger, no cravings and no headaches. Plus the weight is just dropping off.

For the first time in my adult life I can actually visualise me being slimmer and healthier.

Long may it continue!

I visualised that quickly too - and now I'm there! I also have a friend who started it and has now shed 6 stone and is close to her target.

Years ago I had a dream that after leaving school at 16 being overweight and a bit of a failure I would go to a reunion looking smashing and being sucessful.

Guess where I'm going tonight? I actually have a "little" black dress to wear as well!

Mind you I'm looking heavy on the scales so I probably will be unhappy when I pop in for a weigh today, not even sure why but the couple of pounds I move up and down looks up this week - I didn't think I'd eaten particularly badly and I've done LOADS of exercsie (I'm still carrying pole dancing injuries!)

I'm still getting used to the fact that this is easy! I've tried WW and SW but they just didn't do it for me I'm afraid. Good on the rest of you who are sticking to them so well but I was rubbish. The Lighterlife programme is making such a big difference to my way of thinking about food and a healthy lifestyle that I'm really enjoying it.

Having the same women in my group each week helps too I'm sure.

I think having the same group helps enormously - as does the smal size of the group and that you are getting counseling rather than just being preached at.

I still keep recommending it to people - but they don't need a lot of persuasion after they see my before pics!

Mind you I'm looking heavy on the scales so I probably will be unhappy when I pop in for a weigh today, not even sure why but the couple of pounds I move up and down looks up this week - I didn't think I'd eaten particularly badly and I've done LOADS of exercsie (I'm still carrying pole dancing injuries!)

Probably all the extra exercise Pengy - muscle weighs more than fat. I'm having the same 'problem' at the moment............. but I'm not going to give up all the extra exercise.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I dug this up (old exercise instructors never die, they just hit the sofa and never move again!)

"Muscle density is 1.06 g/ml and fat density is (about) 0.9

g/ml. Thus, one liter of muscle would weight 1.06 kg and one liter of

fat would weight 0.9 kg. In other words, muscle is about 18% denser

than fat.A corollary to this is that you may gain weight due to exercise, even while losing fat weight. This is one of the greatest exercise myths. The myth is based in fact: muscle is more dense and weighs more than fat. The same weight of muscle take up nearly half

the volume as the same weight of fat.

The problem with this is that not very many people will be able to add

the volume of muscle mass relative to fat lost to gain weight.

Remember, the average man will add only 4 Kg of muscle mass in a

rigorous training program."

Sorry