Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Another week and another 5.25lb gone! I really thought I'd have a slow week this week as I've not done any exercise due to a massive workload. Nice to know that I've missed working out though :D

OH is doing amazingly too. We're having a big bonfire party on Saturday. I'd normally put on a good spread of food but this year everyone's coming over post food!

This diet's got loads of advantages. No spending ages cooking for it to be eaten in 10 minutes and no washing up!!

How's everyone else doing?

How's everyone else doing?

Badly :( I have been having good weeks followed by bad weeks :? I need to get my butt into gear and stop eating the rubbish. OH has to have lots of cakes in the house :roll: I am going to have to pick up my knitting again to keep my hands busy :D

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Big well done Moochoo :D

Thanks :oops: I really have an advantage to most people, I guess. There's no food in the house at all. We've both found it so much easier now there's no food shouting"I'm in here, eat me!"

Don't get me wrong I can still cope with being around food. I've been out for evenings and just eaten my foodpack and water but it's nice to know that at my low times I'd really have to put some effort in to cheat.

Thanks :oops: I really have an advantage to most people, I guess. There's no food in the house at all. We've both found it so much easier now there's no food shouting"I'm in here, eat me!"

Don't get me wrong I can still cope with being around food. I've been out for evenings and just eaten my foodpack and water but it's nice to know that at my low times I'd really have to put some effort in to cheat.

Glad to hear you are doing so well and that you find it so easy. Just keep focussed and stay strong. I never found it hard to stick to but I know some do. Christmas is coming - big decision there. It was my one "cheat" to eat sprouts and cauliflower on Christmas day and they tasted good and didn't bring me out of Ketosis - a word of warning though aprox half my group cheated for a day or 2 at xmas and put on weight. One woman put on A WHOLE STONE! She decided to take the day off on Xmas day then thought she might as well on Boxing day and then carried on eating and worse still drinking for the rest of the week. She had a lot of trouble returning to abstinence. All I can say is that I'm glad I didnt' go crazy, it's one day and it's one Christmas. This year I can eat and drink whatever I like for Christmas dinner - well whatever is on offer at Disney!!

I still have people who say "don't lose any more weight" I'm not and I havn't since about the end of July - I'm 10 stone now and 2 pounds go on and off. I do watch my weight, I am careful about what I eat but that doesn't mean I have to say NO to anything - yesterday 3 of us shared a kids portion of fish and chips - all of us had enough and the cats & chickens got their share too. A year ago we would have had a portion of chips each - and finished the lot!

Thanks for the advice Pengy :D Fortunately OH and have never made a huge deal over Christmas as usually one or both of us works so we'll be remaining abstainent throughout. Interesting how people insist that they MUST break their diet for Christmas day a lot of my group are in full panic already! They'll be plenty of Christmases in the future where I can partake but I'll be healthier and slimmer and Christmas will end on Boxing day.

Good attitude Moochoo :D

Good thinking Moochoo - it won't be forever!

I've always had a problem over Christmas.......I'd like to stop on Boxing Day as well, but it is my Birthday on the 28th.....so I keep going.....then my Dad's Birthday is on Jan 1st, and before I know it , a whole week has gone by :? My daughter's and grand-daughter's Birthdays are mid January, so a dangerous time for me.

I only shed a pound last week but I did go over my points a few times so no suprises there, but all in all thats 17.5lb gone and the size 12 trousers are on! Only 1/2 lb (how annoying was that?) and I've reached my 10% of bodyweight goal :D

Here's a recipe idea I did with my Actifry-

Chicken breast (1 breast =3.5 WW points) in cubes, Ramiro Peppers sliced and a red onion sliced cooked in Actifry for 15 mins with Fajita seasoning and two squirts of olive oil (.5 point) from a pump dispenser. Serve with plain rice and a dash of Soy Sauce, I have a tennis ball sized rice serving for 2.5 points, which gives you a lovely supper dish for 6.5 points. If you are not on WW this is a very low-fat recipe, but watch the portion size on the rice!

We are all going to look faaaaaaaaaaabulous at Xmas!!! :clap:

Isn't it? I'm getting to that point now where people cant help but notice, prob is if they knew me when I was teeny tiny they think I'm fat now! :roll:

I made a low-fat and easy fish pie last night like this-

I wild salmon fillet per person cubed

1/2 pkt raw tiger prawns per person

Spread around the bottom of an ovenproof dish, cover with-

1/2 pint white sauce made with half-fat spread and skimmed milk.

Then I put 1 large spud in the oven per person and made them into jackets, cooled, peeled and put them through a ricer. This made HEAVENLY mash with no extra fat needed, I flattened the potato by hand and laid it on top of the fish and sauce.

Baked it for 30 mins, the fish was perfectly cooked and the potato was golden and gorgeous. I calculated it at 7 WW points for a 250g serving.

Well done on your loss Rhapsody :P

I am re joinig WW this week after several months off. I HAD lost 30lbs, but I KNOW I have regained at least 10 :?:roll::roll::roll:

So, I have started again today really, but I have already bought food for the week & not a lot of it is low fat. Minced beef twice,sausages & bacon too.

Its not going to be easy, but I am feeling so uncomfortable in my too-tight-again jeans that I need to get back on track 8)

I got on the scales last night :shock: I am going to be joining slimming world tomorrow. I struggle doing it on my own and I think they will give me the kick up the bum I need :roll:

I find the 'public humiliation' :wink: of the weigh-in enough to keep me pretty much on track! I have also found it the easiest diet I have ever tried. In fact I don;t find I have to 'try' at all with this one. Although this week has been incredibly stressful and the chocolate has crept back in. As at my weigh yesterday though I had lost another 3 pounds, bringing the total to 17 pounds since 9th September. It means that I have lost 30lbs since the beginning of the year and I feel fab. The only downsize is that suddenly my clothes are looking huge and I don't have the money to go and buy any more right now :roll: I now weigh less than when I got married 4 years ago.

Good luck with it! If you are lucky like me and have some great people in your class, it will feel like a social night rather than a chore :D

Congratulations on your losses so far Redfrock, that's fantastic! I've been buying some clothes from ebay and charity shops and swapping some with fellow dieters. I don't want to spend a fortune for a few weeks wear but I do want to wear clothes that fit. I bought a lovely pair of jeans off ebay for 99p with £2 p&p, bargain!

I had my weigh in last night and lost another 3lb. 3 more pounds to my next stone, hopefully that'll be next week.