Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Hi ladies, may I join you :lol:

I currently need to lose at least a stone in weight, but unfortunately finances mean I can't go back to SW at the moment.And tbh I am garbage at trying to lose the weight on my own :( . But I will be trying and I'm very willing to be a cheerleader for all you other gals :lol: I have some really nice SW recipes if anyone wants them. Please feel free to ask. Good luck to you all.

Can I join in?

I've lost my weight on Lighterlife - just over 10 1/2 stone. I've been on full eating again since the end of July and I'm now working on becoming a "skilled weightholder". I put some on when I was on holiday but took most of it straight back off again. Last week I was 2 pounds up again. Today I had to go out to lunch with my new colleagues - I phoned in advance and ordered a cheese salad - it came with FOUR different kinds of cheese - which I ate! For dessert I had a fruit salad.

I'm finding it tough at times but I have a determination - I have 2 gym sessions this week - I joined an "expensive" country club - its about on a par with the bigger gym chains and I also pay for James to be a member as it means I can book him into the kids club for 2 hours whilst i go to the gym - that is a great motivator as once I tell him he's going I can't back out! I'm also going to try a pilates class again as they've just scheduled one for 7pm which is a good time - the 8.30 one finished after my bedtime and there are none when the kids club is open (4 to 6 on a tues and thurs).

I've also been working on cooking and low fat stuff. Been making some yummy 100 calorie muffins!

Hi ladies, may I join you :lol:

I currently need to lose at least a stone in weight, but unfortunately finances mean I can't go back to SW at the moment.And tbh I am garbage at trying to lose the weight on my own :( . But I will be trying and I'm very willing to be a cheerleader for all you other gals :lol: I have some really nice SW recipes if anyone wants them. Please feel free to ask. Good luck to you all.

I need to loose a stone also so you are in good company :wink:

The muffins sound great Pengy :drool:

I need to loose oodles of weight :( . In an ideal world I want to loose 3 stone, I'll settle for 2. I've already lost 1 (want to loose the 3 in addition to that). My will power is ghastly. Start slimming world Wednesday. My best friend is taking the what-not - but then she is a skinny minny so she is ok. I was always really skinny and then hormones and PCOS kicked in. I hate what I see :(

Slimming World is good. You just have to remember to eat loads and loads.

:shock: Eh?

Slimming World has lots of 'free' foods which you have to eat lots of. These free foods differ depending on whether you are on a red day or a green day (sounds a lot worse than it is). For example, on a green day, you can eat as much pasta, potatoes, vegetables, fruit, rice and noodles as you want without measuring them. Your meat, bread, cereals, cheeses, milk, etc. are still allowed but they have to be measured and the amounts are limited.

:shock: Eh?

Redfrock, you look fine to me :roll: xx

that's because you are my friend!!!

Awww, hugs to you too

Thanks for the explanation Janty, I understand now.

My boss went on the South Beach Diet last year - not that he really needed to, mind. It seems to be basicallly a low-GI diet, with no carbs for the first two weeks. He lost 15lbs and looked very fit on it.

I think that everyone has their ways to keep trim, systems and diets help for some who need the discipline. I used to be a personal trainer (many years ago) and gave nutritional advice, but it was always to follow a healthy eating plan, a balanced diet with plenty of lean protein and lots o ffruit and veg, cut back on the carbs and to exercise correctly. I'm a terrible cake monster myself :oops: and now that I haven't been exercising much after the op, I can feel the extra few pounds :roll: time to get sensible again methinks! Tonight was the first 'serious' circuit training class for 6 weeks; I've been back, but taken it easy before. I'm knackered now, but in a nice way.

Well done everyone. It looks like you have all made a great start, albeit with a few glitches occasionally. The way forward HAS to be a little loss at a time. Boring I know, as it would be great to loose it all quickly, but I think the advantages of sensible re-education over changing your diet, rather than dieting, are that it is more likely to stick and therefore stay off, but also, in my experience, when I lost my 3 and a half stone in 5 months (I had been ill), I still looked dreadful! Skinny, yes, but grey, drawn, and gaunt. Like I had been ill, in fact :think::lol:

It is only recently, 10 months later, having kept it off, and continued with my better eating habits and exercise that I think I look healthier.

Well I bit the bullet and signed up to a SW class this evening. Seems ok. Quite a few newbies. Most went in pairs or groups, but there was another lady of my age on her own joining and we really hit it off. Leader seems ok. Now I have just got to get used to planning my day. I wish I could eat diary / soya products because I think I would find green days easier. Watch this space :roll:

Well done Claire. I'll try not to break your diet when you visit! :lol:

Oh I'm sure I can slip up just that one day :lol:

NO - be strong and resist, there will be another day when you will be able to sample Clarets delicious lemon drizzle cake....

I'm looking forward to that day myself as when I was offered it I was on Lighterlife and in abstinence so not a crumb passed my lips. Knowing that one day I could eat it when I was slim made it easy to say no. Saying yes would have made it harder to say no to a second slice.

BTW Claret if you are reading this - any chance of posting me a slice now???

Well done Claire. I'll try not to break your diet when you visit! :lol:

Oh I'm sure I can slip up just that one day :lol:

NO - be strong and resist, there will be another day when you will be able to sample Clarets delicious lemon drizzle cake....

I'm looking forward to that day myself as when I was offered it I was on Lighterlife and in abstinence so not a crumb passed my lips. Knowing that one day I could eat it when I was slim made it easy to say no. Saying yes would have made it harder to say no to a second slice.

BTW Claret if you are reading this - any chance of posting me a slice now???

:lol::lol::lol: You give good talk Pengy.

As it happens, I'm baking one right now for my course tomorrw, if you PM me your address then I'll pop a slice in the post for you. Can't guarantee what condition it;ll arrive in though :?

Please note guys that this is a once only offer :lol::lol::lol: I shall not be posting slices of cake around the country :roll::wink: I'm pretty busy baking at the moment, I've orders for my goodies coming in thick and fast!