Cinnamon

Healthy Eating Chat Part 1

Quite right Sarah - not many people come rummaging through clothes you are wearing to see what size the label says :lol: - and it's only a label at the end of the day anyway!

A healthy weight is far more important - regardless of size labels and also scales to an extent. They may be inportant as you lose the weight but then it is how you feel that matters.

Quite right Sarah - not many people come rummaging through clothes you are wearing to see what size the label says :lol: - and it's only a label at the end of the day anyway!

I had a young slim female doctor do that! I was in the Royal Marsden, Chelsea recovering from surgery (had a 5.5 lb tumour removed). I had a navy satin nightdress which I felt was suitable attire for visitors and not too 'bed'ly if you know what I mean. (Thinking of when the vicar visited!). This doctor sat on the end of my bed and said 'This is nice' and then proceeded to find the label. I am absolutely certain she wanted to know what size it was! :evil: Once she had read it, she left.

I came to this thread really to share some good news. I am someone who only ever puts on weight often at the rate of a pound a month which doesn't seem bad to me, except that it's a stone by the end of a year. I never, ever lose weight by accident. It just doesn't happen. I don't want to jinx my thrill, but I have lost half a stone (at least) this month. I don't think I have developed diabetes, I have just had more exercise. I feel happier and I have been doing less eating between meals too. It's always a complete fantasy isn't it that one day I'll wake up a bit smaller, so I don't trust it, but I'm enjoying it and hope it continues.

Losing weight slowly is the best way to do it and the most likely method to maintain a new weight too. It just doesn't feel beneficial! I'm really hoping mine continues to drop without me even trying! :D I don't mind the speed then.

:evil: 1lb back on last night at WW, but I have had a whole week of Festive Cheer, including a very memorable wine and chips night at the local pub with the liveries :oops: As if by magic WW brought out thier new Points Plan last night so I am armed and motivated, I would still like to get to my 10.5 stone goal by Xmas but it's going to be tough!

*goes away to lock up the Sauvignon Blanc and crisps*

Good week for me this week. 4.75lb lost! Next week hubby and I have to increase our calorie intake for a week, according to government guidelines, so I'll try and make the most of this week towards my Christmas goal as I'll probably lose very little if anything on my higher calorie week.

Hey-ho must do it by the book. It's their to protect my health.

At least I haven't got to do the Christmas food shop this year! :dance:

I've lost a total of 1 st. 6lbs :D

I haven't posted much as my last push to lose some more weight by Christmas by eating a lot more salad and some redskin peanuts may be what triggered an episode of severe abdominal pains - probably Diverticulitis....I nearly ended up in hospital last Thurs. night/Fri. morning.

Feeling a lot better now, taking medication, but not thinking about losing weight, just trying to eat carefully and not increase the pain.

I'm pleased with my weight loss - and don't want to go over the stone mark that I've just gone 2lbs below! :D I will be careful this Christmas/Birthday/New Year....... 8)

Ouch Lesley! Please do look after yourself diverticulitis is sooo painful.

I went for my weigh in last night. Considering last week I had to increase my calorie intake to be compliant with government guidelines I still lost 9.5lb over the 2 weeks since my last weigh in. That takes me to 5.5 stone lost!!

Off to see the relatives this weekend, so I'm really excited to see how they react to us both.

Keep up all the good work over Christmas! It's only one day.

Well I had my last weigh in before the new year and I can proudly say I've officially lost 6 stone!!! :shock:

The nice thought is I won't have to make a resolution to try and lose weight this year. So instead I'm going to have a resolution to try new experiences and do all the things I was far to fat to do this time last year.

Thank you all for your messages of support it really does help on my (long) journey.

Happy new year to you all and here's to a slimmer 2009!

Congratulations Sarah! - are you exersizing more as well? I would imagine that as it is such a fast weight loss that it would help to start exersizing as quickly as possible?

Have an exciting New Year Sarah! :D

I lost a total of one and a half stone before Christmas and am still just about the same. I need to continue and lose the remaining 2 stone. I'm quite happy with taking it slowly. I love the Aquafit classes and will be continuing with that and I will make an effort to go back to the gym more often as I let that slip towards the end of this year.

I've still had the Diverticular problems - the pain has mostly subsided but not the nausea......although that does help me to not overeat :? The more I read about it, the more I wonder why I've got it :shock: Life's a pig sometimes isn't it? :roll:

Yes, definitely doing more exercise. Lots of walking and aerobics and my workplace has a small gym that I use at lunchtimes. I'm definitely more active.

I've always been quite fit, even carrying all my excess weight. I have to move around a lot in my job so that helps.

I have to say I'm not loving the exercise yet but it's getting to be more of a habit.

One of my goals is to do the race for life. I don't think I'd be able to run it this year but I could certainly offer up a brisk walk!

Good thinking Sarah! - I was thinking about it this year as the Stratford one is on the Racecourse and I thought I' could walk that......but then i found out it goes off the Racecourse and I wasn't so sure.

The gym at work sounds good - I have gym equipment at home which i do use.....but I need to make going to the gym in town a 'habit' as well..........I'll never love going but a habit is OK :lol:

*standing ovation for Sarah* That's a staggering weight loss, you must be overjoyed. I've not lost anywhere near as much as you but I am sitting here in a pair of jeans I have never worn as they were too small and I have thermal leggings on underneath!

BTW, you are quite right Sarah and its a point worth noting that if you are very overweight but active you are very fit! Carting an extra 6 stone around all day is a cardio challenge I certainly wouldn't volunteer for! Also contrary to popular myth if you are very heavy your metabolism is running very high to keep all that extra weight supplied with blood and to move the weight around.

Which reminds me, must get back to Step.....

Thanks :oops: I must say a public thank you to Penguinmad. If I had not followed her progress doing the Lighterlife programme I really don't think I'd be where I am now. She was truly inspirational to me.

I would heartily recommend the programme to anyone with a good amount of weight to lose.