Laura&Sean

Very Angry about Eglu delivery UPDATED CUBE DELIVERY

I am posting about our positive experience with Nightfreight because I want people to know that it is not all doom and gloom.

I ordered my cube in July and was given a delivery date of September. Following a call to omlet recently I was offered a cancellation spot for 7th August - great! They clearly warned me that they can arrive a day early and either I should be in, or they could put a note with instructions to leave it. I left the instructions just in case to leave it behind the garden gate.

We were at home when the cube arrived on the 7th at midday AND the driver carried all of the heavy boxes up my steps and through to the back garden.

I can't beleive I'm resurecting my own thread with nightfreight problems again but I am so :evil:

After much anticipation my cube arrived today :D ohhhh but not all of the boxes arrived of course :( .......and the run box was very damaged I will have to bend some of the wire bits back into place too.

Hopefully tomorrow the other boxes and bits of cube will come but the service I have experienced with Nightfreight and omlet deliveries is appauling.

When a freind ordered an eglu, she was told the couriers work on a TWO DAY delivery slot, with no weekend deliveries.

I think thats disgraceful "service": it should be possible for Omlet to ensure that the delivery is timed to a specified day. Maybe it wopuld cost more, but they could always do it as a premium service, same for Saturday deliveries.

thats one thing that worries me about placing my order, I;ve been told I am out of their area.. just I believe... I wonder if they would make an exception and send me a nice delivery man to install it for me??? pretty pleeeeease Omlet????? :angel:

No they won't :roll:

Poachedegg is literally ( a mile or two) just outside the delivery area & they wouldn't make an exception for her, & I'm about 5 miles outside it & there was no exception for me, however much I pleaded over the phone.

I'm just hoping the other 2 boxes and all the contents arrive today and are not damaged.

Do nightfreight staff have a problem with omlet customers where they hurl the boxes until they are almost completley trashed?

What also annoys me is that because of previous experience with these deliveries I started waiting in for my cube a day early so today will be day three of waiting, there is no way I want £600 worth of goods abandoned outside my front door if I'm out.

Please cross your fingers for me, my girls and for the buyer of my eglu who is very excited and due to collect on sunday :oops: ......If everything goes as planned.....

I seriously cannot wait in for 2/3 days just incase Nightfreight decide to deliver a day early, and then fail to deliver all the boxes so need to come the next day as well.

Poor you, I really feel for you, you've really not had a great time of it.

I really cannot beleive this but although the missing boxes and bits have arrived today when I opened the wheel base box I realised that one mesh side is badly damaged.

A phonecall to omlet ensued and photos have been taken and sent to them.

I HAVE to assemble it with the damaged wheel part because my eglu is sold and i don't want to let the person down who has sorted a van for transport ect ect

I just cannot beleive this :cry::cry:

I hope Omlet kick some bottom at nightfreight because this is totally unacceptable now!

I don't know how to upload the pics of damage but if anyone wants me to email them and know how to you are very very welcome :oops:

You have had such rotten luck with this haven't you.

I was lucky in that Omlet deliver to my area but when I've ordered other things Nightfreight have always ordered early and I must say that the packaging has usually been in a bit of a state but in one piece.

I hope you get this sorted one way or another.

I have had a message from Omlet saying my pictures and problems have been discussed with a director and my account has been credited with £55 to spend with them.

I hope not too many others have to go through the hassle and drama I have but judging by others comments on here it seems I'm not alone.

If Omlet was my company I would be so aggravated by Nightfreights antics, after all - not all people dis-associate the delivery company with Omlet and why should they??

You pay huge amounts for a service and product and both parties need to be 100%.

I could really have done without the stress of all this, it's left me with a really sour taste in my mouth.

Thanks to everyone who replied and good luck to everyone expecting deliveries I'm sure you won't be as unlucky as me........ :?: