mostin

UPDATE: Bad news :( Another ex-batt poorly :(

My poor little May seems to be following Blossoms footsteps and going downhill fast :cry: . She's been a bit lethargic for a couple of days but she's really bad this evening. She went to bed in the nest box when it was still light.

I felt her crop and it was empty, she hadn't eaten all day. She's only doing clear liquid poos. We syringed some avipro in water down her and tucked her back up for the night. She wouldn't even eat any mealworms or raisins :? .

I know about 7 of them cram into the nestbox so at least she will be warm. I don't know if she will still be with us in the morning though :cry: .

I don't really know why I'm writing on here, I'm not expecting loads of advice or miracles or anything, I just needed to share :( .

Edited by Guest

We're all rooting for little May :pray::pray:

Huge {{{hugs}}} for you both Mostin

If she's still here in the morning Mostin, try syringing some very soggy weetabix, or a mix of egg yolk, honey and bokashi into her. I tried this with Buffie when she was so poorly after she hatched the Bufflings due to feeding them but not herself and it worked. Cake crumbs, though not recommended for chooks generally, have all the necessary for a quick energy hit & may just tempt her :pray: .

Sha x

She is still with us, but I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing by carrying on fighting for her. maybe my recent loss of Blossom is clouding my judgement :? . Blossom had peritonitis though, and there just doesn't seem to be anything wrong with May. No infection, no stuck egg, no mass. if I could only get her to eat something.

I've tried syringing honey and avipro into her. She wouldn't take it with bran in :( . She struggled and I think I got some down her wind pipe, so now I think I'm making things worse by choking her too :cry: .

OMG, to day is the 1 year Henniversary I got my 1st chooks :( , I did not think I would be doing this today :( .

oh im so sorry to hear about your poorly girl.

we're sending all our love from cornwall for her.

really hope she pulls through coz if she does she's got a wonderful owner who is obviously waiting to spoil her to bits.

i know its absolutely NO consolation, but if anything did happen at least she went in a warm cosy box and not kicked to the side in some factory farm.

rescuing an animal is a wonderful act of kindness and sacrifice and you have done a wonderful thing for her even if it was only for a short time.

fingers crossed xxx

Oh Mostin, I'm so so sorry about poor May. And so soon after you lost your last girlie. Don't question your judgement. I am totally sure you will be doing the right thing and will make the right decisions at the right time. Hang onto the fact that what ever happens, she is not in an evil factory being treated like an object not a living feeling creature.

Sending big big hugs and if you want to talk / company I'm around for most of the next few days.