Paola

See you in Singapore.....

Hi guys :D Really touched that you have not forgotten me :wink:

I arrived after being up for over 24 hours having had no sleep and felt surprisingly good. Somehow I managed to avoid jet-lag and by the time that I got to bed that night i had been up for about 36 hours :shock: I do not think that I have ever cried so much as I did building up to leaving and on the actual day :oops: I have suffered some homesickness which I never thought that I would. I sometimes also still shed a tear when I think our pets that we had to leave behind, that has to be one of the hardest parts of leaving. I know they are well cared for and loved. It has been very hard adjusting to the so very different life, but I am getting there.

We are living in a 4 bed apartment, which is lovely and has fantastic facilities. Landed property is so expensive. All properties here have maid rooms, very odd. I also feel the odd one out as we do not have a maid :lol:

We live 5 mins cycle ride from the beach 8) Not the sort of beach that you would swim in but good enough to paddle. A cycle path runs the whole length of the beach that goes on for miles, which we tried out at the weekend. It was fantastic. I will take some pics the next time I go out.

The weather is fantastic and I am not missing the UK autumn/winter at all 8) The local food is great and very cheap :D One thing that seems impossible to get hold of is free-range eggs :(

We went to the bird park at the weekend which was great (apart from the owls :? ). They had a classic red UK telephone booth so I got the kids to pose in front so that I could take pics of them with it. Once I finished, I noticed that a group of guys from India also taking pics of them, they went on to take turns standing with them having pics taken with them. They then grabbed OH and I so that we could be in the pics :lol: It was hilarious :lol::lol: This went on for a good 10-15 mins :lol:

ClareT, your uncle lives about 10 mins drive away from me 8) So next time you visit you must swing by :wink:

Here are some pics for you all

DSC_0082.jpg

View from our lounge balcony at night

DSC_0087.jpg

Our main pool and gym

DSC_0080.jpg

Our street

Will up-load more pics when I can, darn photobucket :roll:

I have some time on my hands and photobucket seems to behaving itself :pray: so I thought that I might bore you with some more pics :lol:

DSC_0080-1.jpg

Our mist garden :|

DSC_0079.jpg

New school uniform! DD1 hates wearing dresses and I was pleasantly surprised when she did not complain about wearing hers.