tonygard

good home wanted

Much as we like our silver-lace wyandotte bantam hen we are looking for any bantam-lovers who can give her a good home (she is about one year old). We have had her for three or four months, but our two full-sized hybrid hens can't be stopped from aggressively pecking her. We have had to keep her separated from them at all times, which has meant creating two netted areas in the garden, within close view of the house (the situation is complicated by having to deal with the threat of urban foxes).

We are in south-east London and can be contacted through Barbara at Omlet, or via PM.

Sorry Tony: Just removed your phone number from this post above. I am sure that most people using our forum are completely honest people, but its better to be safe than sorry. I have passed your phone number on to Barbara and people will contact you through her, in a pm or in this thread too if they are interested.

Good luck finding a home for your chook.

We picked up the chook yesterday and she is settling in well - hardly any fighting with my 3 girls - and I even got an egg with an hour and half of getting her home!

All in the run together now - with hardly any squabbles - so I'm very happy and I think she is too.

... faster than a speeding bullet.... :wink:

Auntye has bantams and is in S.E. London :roll::?:D

Oh thank goodness I didn't see this on Friday! I would have been in serious trouble with OH :oops:

How lovely that you were able to pick her up and give her a wonderful home. All of my hens rehomed from other people have been totally delightful, so enjoy her!

another eggs yesterday from Stella - in the nest box too - so I think she's happy (maybe my other girls will wathc and learn!).

When I tucked them in last night Stella was in the nestbox with Penny and Sylvie, but Dhylis was roosting on the bars - so poor little girl must have been cold!