matt_b

New-Look Omlet Forum

• Administrators

As you may have noticed, around a month ago we updated the look of the main website - now it's time for the forum to catch up. We've given it a bright, shiney new look, and this is your opportunity to test drive it and give us some feedback.

How to view the new look:

1.) Go into the 'User Control Panel' at the top of the page

2.) Click 'Board Preferences' on the left hand side

3.) Change 'My board style' from 'Nosebleed' to 'omletsilver'

4.) Click 'Submit'

5.) Enjoy the new look!

• Administrators

I should add that we've having to retire Nosebleed as it isn't supported by new versions of the the forum software, so the new look will, I'm afraid, be compulsory. This is your chance to suggest changes for the new look, so please don't dismiss it out of hand!

(I've no idea why it's called Nosebleed - that's just the name that the original author picked!)

OK, It's new, and need to give it time...

Just one question - and I am sorry for being thick... :oops:

Before, I could click beneath the thread title, and the clever system would take me straight to the first post that I hadn't read - if that makes sense. Has that gone away now??? Help!!

• Administrators

Before, I could click beneath the thread title, and the clever system would take me straight to the first post that I hadn't read - if that makes sense. Has that gone away now??? Help!!

Just click the little icon next to the thread title -> icon_topic_newest.gif

Hope that helps!

Lots of the text on the board (not the actual messages) is very small - this can't be in line with good practice for web content surely? Is there any way I can change it? And the font used is extremely upright making it even harder for the eye to read, there is a reason that fonts like Times New Roman are used in newspapers - its so the eye can follow the ascenders and descenders easily. I've just realised its the weight of the font which is different, this new font is much thinner, making less of a contrast with the background and so its physically harder to see. Am I the only person finding it hard to read? I'm not short-sighted by the way. And actually I'm finding the size/weight of some of the headings disproportionately large.

Edited by Guest

Just click the little icon next to the thread title -> icon_topic_newest.gif

Hope that helps!

Sorted!! Knew it had to be there somewhere!! :D

Oo errr :anxious:

Not sure... :?

Why on the front page/board index do the different sections seem to have a fading colour to them? Some are so pale as to be white whereas others are greenish. I prefer a solid block of colour.

I love the font size changer thingummy.

Also love the Online banner on the post for a currently online user.

• Administrators
Just another quick comment. It is much harder to see when new posts have been added to a topic. the contrast between the red and the blue is not that great. Also the name beside the latest post is hard to spot too.

Thanks for the feedback - can you tell me which pages you're looking at?