ubereglu Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 I quite like it, but have noticed that when you put your hand over the topic you want to read it changes colour, but only slightly and makes my eyes go funny, can it be in a slightly darker shade perhaps? Also, I used to be able to click on a topic bar and then it would take me to below my last post-this was very handy, am I going mad, as it doesn't seem to do this. I quite like it overall, but it's all a bit too stretched and wide, so you end up with less topics showing and huge pages... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 Agree. Took a little while to adjust, but I am getting there! Change isn't always bad (thinking of Vicar of Dibley, and Letitia in the first episode discussing change with Jim, saying that if Traffic lights never changed, it would be a nightmare!) My only comments are: * Agree with someones earlier comment that the contrast between read and unread topics could do with a tweak to make it more obvious. * Again agree with other people about users names being very small - so if you don't have a piccie, (like me ) it's not obvious who wrote something. But I like it! And spending time using it, it is already starting to feel "normal" again! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raina Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 I don't like it! (i hope omlet don't do a facebook and start changing the layout every 5 minutes) I don't know if it's a coincidence but after 5 minutes of trying to work out the forum i got a headache (the colours when scrolling down the page made me feel a bit travel sick!) Is there anyway i can change it back to the old style? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 No, you can't change it back Raina. This has gone live now. However, the boffins are taking note of user comments. Stick with it. I absolutely hated it at first, but now find I get on with it well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 What do you mean by "colours", Raina? It all seems very slightly off-white to me apart from the very pale blue down the sides and pale pink round the post a reply box . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raina Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 It's quite hard to describe! When scrolling down the page the colours & writing go blurry and start to make me feel travel sick,i had to stop going on one forum when they changed the layout because every time i went on there it would make me feel ill I've tried it with both my glasses on & off,When they are off i can't see a word,i have to be a couple of inches away from the computer screen lol Hope that makes sense? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
matt_b Posted April 9, 2010 Author Share Posted April 9, 2010 If posting some feedback on the new forum, it'd be helpful if everyone could tell us what Operating System and Browser you're using. For example: Windows Vista & Internet Explorer 7 Windows XP & Firefox 3 OSX & Safari 4 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chick-a-doodle-doo Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 Whoever designed this site clearly did not read the masses of information about accessibility out there. I'm not just talking about the placing of buttons but the colour differences, the white background, the pale colours.... Just a quick flick through some of the masses of informative websites on this stuff would have helped. 1 in 10 people will have difficulty reading this site because of its new layout and the fact there there is no obvious way to change it. Not everyone knows how to increase the size of their fonts etc to make it more accessible. I spent 7 years of my life talking about this type of stuff. Clearly it was completely wasted when large sites like Omlet STILL get it so very very very wrong. Shame on you Omlet! Yes, that's what I mean. The pale colour, I have difficulty concentrating when it's so pale It was just right before, although for personal preference I would choose purple instead of green. ) I'm on windows vista. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Woodcat Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 is there a key to what the symbols beside topics mean? i can guess the red and green ones but what about the green one with a red star in it? I'm having real problems with it tbh like Raina i think it's giving me a headache. I think it's the index page. The very faint green behind the topics on the index is very difficult it needs to be either stronger or not there. I would add that i'm dyslexic so am very colour sensitive. I like the general layout but think the buttons to jump back to the board index etc need to be bigger or you need to be able to jump back to the index by clicking on the the omlet forum thingy at the top. On the whole i think i like it it's just the colours on that i'm really finding hard. Just looked at the post Raina has made while i was writing this and agree thats what the problem is i'm just lazy and can't be bothered to go back and change it i'm on windows 7 and mozila whatever the latest update is. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 Vista and Mozilla Firefox here and No I hate it but if its here to stay then.... I will have to put up with it but it were not broke so why fix it?? Must have been a reason but... Edited to say I also have a headache - its too pale colours compared to what it was. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chick-a-doodle-doo Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 it was making me snow blind - is that the right expression... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sparkysmum Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 Sorry folks but I don't like it, don't like it,At all Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 I agree with Tasha about the cursor. When you click to reply, you used to be able to just type but now have to click the text box which is really annoying especially when you don't always read what you're typing Also I can't see the flashing text cursor, so don't know where in the post I am typing And the smaller usernames make it harder to see who has posted. Vista + IE8 btw Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BarbaraJ Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 The pale background was the main reason i don't like it, its too white and hurts my eyes I'm using Vista and firefox Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 OOh I thought I'd strayed onto a foreign version again. It will grow on me again - can users over 40 be given a warning as shocks like this could kill or put someone in hosp Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WarrensWorld Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 I like it, but I must admit it came as a bit of a shock........ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 Oh heck, I'm allergic to change! I also thought I had strayed somewhere I shouldn't have Agree with Lewis though, it is difficult to see who has posted, maybe the username could be above the avatar? Also the cursor flashes so quickly as I'm typing this is not nice! It is all so widescreen I think that is what I'm having trouble with at the moment, but like Egluntyne has said, I'll get used to it in time. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 I like it !! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 it was making me snow blind - is that the right expression... Snow blind of Stratford here as well It's much easier to read the quote boxes with their pale grey background. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
matt_b Posted April 9, 2010 Author Share Posted April 9, 2010 I'm a little non-plussed about the comments on the cursor flashing, as that's built into your browser - it should be the same across all websites... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 it's growing on me... I am liking it more and more butttttt I still get confused so if I get lost send out the search party. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 I'm a little non-plussed about the comments on the cursor flashing, as that's built into your browser - it should be the same across all websites... Its working as usual for everything else, and on other forums Is that the same as it automatically being in the text box when you click 'Post Reply'? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 b;limy, I go away for a few days & come back to .... whoosh..... shiny new forum Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 Why do some of the comments from users have a slightly darker background - to me Cookies is a slightly grey colour but Jules's white. I do think the white makes your eyes ache. I've had a headache today and I've not even had a drink..... edited to add it seems everyother comment is a different colour as its just changed cos I've posted? Or am I totally confused and about to have a migraine???? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted April 9, 2010 Share Posted April 9, 2010 no I see what you mean too every other post is very light grey Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...