matt_b

New-Look Omlet Forum

In general, if it is red, it has new posts. If it is green it has no new posts. If it has a star next to it, you have posted in it.

(it took me ages to do this)

Cheers Fred was having a huge puzzle over what the stars meant :D this is just a thought but would it be worth sticking that in the FAQ cause i'm sure that other new users are going to be puzzled over the whole thing and this is the only forum i've been on that doesn't have something like that :D

Any chance the avatars can be put on the left with high contrast :?::D

I'm sure Matt at HQ will work on it SC. He is currently lying down in a dark room :wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: bless him.

I like the High contrast MUCH better ooh my eyes couldn't take the white.

Just to say I wasn't having any problems with the contrast but switched to the blue just for a looksee and the page seems much better - the text seems better 'anchored' and I can see the delineation between threads more clearly :D . I've changed the font size so its larger; I just couldn't deal with it on the default normal. The headings are now massive and I feel a bit like I'm reading in large print; its not great but its OK. I'm on IE and Windows XP.

The high contrast version is better, but I HATE the alternating colours, as I get really confused by it.

Each persons user information is too wide and takes up too much of the screen for me and I too want it back on the right side of the screen. I too preferred the old format, mostly because when I clicked on a topic I'd posted on it would take me to my latest posting and I could read on from there, but now I can't and have to scroll back through everything and remember the page number I was on-an utter pig that wastes time.

Also the icons which appear on the lefthand side to say if things have been read or not are far too similar to one another and difficult to tell the difference between.

. I too preferred the old format, mostly because when I clicked on a topic I'd posted on it would take me to my latest posting and I could read on from there, but now I can't and have to scroll back through everything and remember the page number I was on-an utter pig that wastes time.

icon_topic_newest.gif

Just click on the ^ symbol next to the thread titles and it will take you to the first post you haven't read. :D

Em

x

Is it me but is the background on the silver new look layout not as glaring as it was when i looked yesterday? So now kinder on the eyes. More like the old look. If so thankyou, i can't imagine how much work has gone into the new look forum, so any changes to suit us omleteers must be even more work.

Edited by Guest

Well, I don't come on for a few days and its all change :shock:

Initial thoughts were woah! What's all this then? Have I come to the right place? But on the whole I like it. I've had to change to the high contrast as my eyes have been affected - almost migraine inducing :( But with the high contrast everything is on the wrong sides :( I like the smilies being on the right hand side of the text box as its much easier to click on them, and as for clicking the cursor in the text box twice, I've always had to do that otherwise end up half way down the page :roll:

I would prefer to use the non high contrast background with a more muted background as the white is just too white.

I shall have another look and see, but with it being so bright (and I appreciate comments on turning down screen contrast but it's fine on all the other websites I look at :? ) I may not be able to look on here for as long :cry: Might be a good thing as I am sure I spend way too much time on here :wink:

I have changed to the high contrast version and quite like the blue, but it is still a bit too bright and I would also love the avatars to be back on the left pleeeeeease.

I think I am having a funny eye day, migraine lurking me thinks, so i will try both formats again tomorrow.

I have changed to the high contrast version and quite like the blue, but it is still a bit too bright and I would also love the avatars to be back on the left pleeeeeease.

I think I am having a funny eye day, migraine lurking me thinks, so i will try both formats again tomorrow.

The avatars are on the left for me :think: