craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Sounds brilliant Plum... Hope we get to see it :wink:

I'm having knitting disasters again, bought a lovely thick chenille wool to make a jumper and just can't get my tension right on it... I have given up and have started another jumper with some easier wool... Third time lucky hey :lol:

Wow Plum!!! How do you do your vermicelli quilting work Plum? :shock:8)

Emma.x

Squiggle quilting, you're too technical for me Emma! Drop your feed dogs 8) , put on an embroidery foot and a pair of gloves with those little sticky dots and put your hands flat on the fabric and move it around under the needle but keep your speed up. Do some practice before a proper piece :D

Cool - will have to try that! Me technical? You're having a laugh! :lol: Someone told me that you can't do squiggle quilting by hand. I managed it on my hand quilted wall hanging.

Oh Plum - I wish you lived near me. :( We could have quilting days. A challenge to quilt each others portrait would be very funny!

I love that portrait - it's super whacky & I like super whacky incase you haven't noticed! :wink:

Emma.x

As promised - pictures of the two cushions I made on my new machine. The wierd cut one has a few mistakes - I realised afterwards that I have some of the same fabrics next to each other..der! Ah well I still like it & it was fun to make. The fabrics came free with Sew magazine, as did the instructions..

BILD0529.jpg

This is my other cushion that I quilted. I also made some yo yo's & used some buttons I'd had in for ages. The fabrics are courtesy of ' Christian' - I bet he forgot about these fabrics!! :wink:

BILD0530.jpg

I hope you like my cushions!

Emma.x

Oh good see yours soon. Well done doing squiggle quilting by hand :dance:

We can still do quilting days on here. Would it be a giggle for the next swap to do a portrait exchange. :shock: How to lose your omlet friends :lol:

On yours I'd put a cockeral behind each ear and a pig on top of your head.

I tied him up & stuck a cake in his mouth! :wink: No it was a favour he did for me a while back before I moved here. We had a severe lack of fabric shops in Sandbach. Now here in Wales I have 2 brilliant ones!

Oh I love the sound of the quilted portrait. Cockerel earrings & a pig hat! 8):lol: A butterfly on my nose would be nice too - although I'd probably be cross eyed then. :wink: Oh mustn't forget my little cat either!

You know those inchies we all made. Well I've now seen a book called quilted postcards - think it's by the same author.

Plum - I've no idea if that cushion is called hidden 9 patch. :oops: All I know is I sewed together 9 squares - repeated this 4 times, so I had 4 seperate blocks. I then cut each block into quarters - arranged them as I liked & stitched together. I made a boo boo, as I wasn't supposed to have like next to like. Oops! :lol:

Emma.x

Wow, everyone has been busy! Such beautiful stuff too - love the mousie doorstop and that knitted bag - and your self-portrait Plum :lol: fabulous cushions as well. I'm in awe of you Proper Crafters! Maybe one day it'll be me.... :D

In the meantime, the newest addition..the 'Classic Zombie'. I've decided to call him Lurch :D

6983098692_4f86d9507b_m.jpg

Classic Zombie by Faith Al-Egaily, on Flickr

Oh Emma, had forgotten all about that fabric!! The rope burns on my wrists are still sore..... :wink: It is rare for me to ever give fabric away :lol: As I can tell my the piles of the stuff in my spare room, under both beds, in cupboards and boxes everywhere.

Still haven't gotten to grips with crochet. :( My crochet teacher has discovered my blog as was inpressed with my sewing ability :D She can't sew for toffee she said! :lol::lol: Maybe I should stick to that? Milo has taken a shine to my yarn and keeps nicking it and running off :roll: Dog saliva granny square blanket anyone?