craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Sounds a bit like the quilting shop in Lampeter.. Calico Kate. Even their online shop is lethal! :whistle:

Ahh well - don't smoke, can't drink any more so Fabric indulgence.....bring it on! :lol:

I'm looking for a nice quilting book to buy that will tell me how to cut & patch fabrics to make unusual but easy effects. Have learnt the disappearing nine patch & also how to do squares with 2 different coloured triangles. But have bought a rotary cutter, mat & special quilting ruler thingy - so want a nice book now as I am hooked!

Emma.x

My craft group had a festival weekend. 8) We did leather work, had a lovely Greek themed lunch & then we did flower arranging. We made an 'L' shaped display. My mum attended too & absolutely loved it - good on her!

I have taken photos - so will upload tomorrow.

I've also made a quilt top for what I call my ' Dippy Hippy' quilt. :D Oh & I've made some crochet roses too.

Emma.x

Emma you're always busy, great to have your mum to share it with :D

I'm planning next baby quilt and will be doing Emma's disappearing nine patch. Decided on this combo but its made my head hurt sorting fabric for blocks. All in little piles with a pin so plain sailing now unless cats decide to help. :lol:

DSCF6762.jpg

Ooh, pretty colours Plum :D

I have just completed my first attempt at patchwork! A little cushion.

7216790438_dd9a409fbc.jpg

I made it from the charm pack that came with Sew magazine. Some of the squares don't line up but I'm quite pleased with it. :D

Thanks! :D

I think that is the pattern I'm going to do. Did you sew 9 squares together and then cut in 4?

I did. You are then supposed to sew them together without having the same patterns next to each other. I gave up trying to do that after about 90 minutes of having different layouts :shock: It was impossible :lol:

Andrea T - well done! Yours looks better than mine, as I love how you've used your squares as diamonds instead of squares. If you know what I mean. Oh & don't worry about the same fabrics being next to each other - I slipped up too! :lol:

That magazine is fab isn't it? I got the latest one today.

Plum - yes, I am always making something. Mainly as I prefer to do that in the evening or any spare moment, than watch TV. Better for the brain & gets the creative juices flowing! :D I like to make unique things - better than buying something from a shop that everyone else can have too. It also gives me self satisfaction once made.

Emma.x

Ha ha Plum! Bright colours are stimulating for babies! :wink: My knitting needles & crochet hook refuse to work with Grey, brown or beige. We call those Marks & Spencer colours in our house! :lol: We used to call them ' Next' colours, but gone are the drab colour days of Next. Woohoo! :dance: Has to be colourful every time! Can we see a pic Plum?

Emma.x

the whole forum is!

I miss you all, stop digging for a moment!!

I'm frantically tryuing to finish a huge crochet blanket, before june 20th, so every night I do another 10 squares.. Its only granny, but we like it!!

Going to stain glass workshop tomorrow pm, with DD to make Bunting!! (Another freebie!!) :D

the whole forum is!

I miss you all, stop digging for a moment!!

I'm frantically tryuing to finish a huge crochet blanket, before june 20th, so every night I do another 10 squares.. Its only granny, but we like it!!

Going to stain glass workshop tomorrow pm, with DD to make Bunting!! (Another freebie!!) :D

eh?? stained glass bunting :think:

No no - I still craft when it's sunny. The spinning wheel can be carried outdoors quite easily, as can my bag of crochet or any hand quilting ( small projects anyway ). I tend to do my crafting in the evenings instead of watching TV garbage.

I'm wanting to try a bit of doodle stitching, as it's a bit more relaxed and whacky than normal embroidery.

I must get & photo some of my makes mustn't I? :oops:

Emma.x

I'm only doing 'extreme weeding' at the moment - my head is buzzing with some summer weight felty things I'd like to experiment with but I keep waiting for it to rain.........it has rained today so hopefully I might make something crafty soon.

So the rain finally came and as I had to stay in all day for a delivery (which didn't come :evil: ) I thought it would be a good day to make a card for my friends birthday.

7309347164_1710ebeff5.jpg

7309344280_bda270cdce.jpg

I tried out distressing with ink to colour the card front. My first attempt around the edge is a bit patchy but I got better at it and I really liked the effect. Think I'll need to get some more colours! :D