craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

:shock::lol: No you can't have fangs and blood on a duck. It is absolutely brilliant

Thanks Plum :) Next one in the book is a zombie puppy...watch this space :D I may even progress to making actual cute non-zombie animals... :lol:

Space Chick, photos are needed!! Come on, you know you want to.. :D

That's impressive Plum - very good 8)

I'm in awe of anyone who can knit properly - I could do all the other skills when I was younger but knitting always eluded me :oops: my mother was a brilliant knitter until she got arthritis in her hands; she has knitted me some lovely Kaffe Fassett designs and traditional Arans too.

Thanks it's the batiks that work so well and the cat teethmarks :roll: I wish I had cut the belly one different so the lines go backwards more.

I do love Kaffe Fassets designs DM. I have some of his books and you could eat the pages. You get glimpses of his home and his collections of china. The colours are to die for.

I know, I just love staring at the colour combos and textures in his books. I have one cardi that M knitted for me and I really treasure it as it took her ages. I also have an Arran, knitted by my Grandma over 60 years ago - it's made with proper Arran wool which she sent off to the Island for and it has leather knot buttons. It's been darned a few times but I still wear it.

I am about to start a crochet skirt guard for my bicycle.

I saw them on " simeli ".

I did a search and found a pattern for sale on Etsy for $6 and i am getting some cottons and starting it this week, it will look fab on my cream dutch cycle. I may do a matching saddle cover too.

A friend in my close works at a theatre and makes all the costumes etc and bought me over a great big armful of cuts of beautiful material,some are big enough to make cushion covers with and some will be good for cutting into squares for quilting gonna use some to line my new bag I just crocheted (fat bottom bag) cant stop smiling lol :D

Is it the lining of a bag? I guess use one of the stretchy stitches, if you look in your handbook it should give you some guidance. I think straight stretch stitch may be better than the tripple zig zag stretch one. :?

Better check your tension then :D

Been to NEC today and bought lovely threads - machine and hand, wool tops, mixed media bag of bits, silk top can't wait to experiment and have fun with them. May try making a landscape of sorts.

Our patchwork group is having a workshop from Hilary Beattie link next saturday so that'll be my next project :D

I have decided to be brave following a conversation with an elderly lady in the hospital (don't ask!) and I have started to knit a very basic and easy short sleeved jumper :anxious: wish me luck :lol:

The problem is I have told hubby I WILL wear it whatever it turns out like :lol:

One of the teachers I work with at school is expecting a little girl in the summer so I am going to knit the baby a little jacket, I haven't done any knitting for a while so I am looking forward to getting started.

She does not like pink so I am not sure what colour to do?

Space Chick good luck with your jumper :D Looking forward to seeing picture of the finished article :D

Chrissie

I knitted for my children many years ago and have a lot of patterns but when I was visiting a friend she had a Debbie Bliss pattern using baby cashmerino yarn. The patterns are so lovely and the wool beautiful shades. I took a mental note that if I was knitting baby things again to have a look at those patterns and wool. It is lovely to make little things :D