craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I love any quilting - as I can't do it! :wall: Beautiful!Got a quilted landscape course coming up in my craft group though. Fingers crossed I'll learn your secrets Plum!

I've got a little baby hat on the go for my new niece (Isabelle). It's taking a long time due to illness. :roll:

I've also had a request from her mummy ( my sister) for another crochet baby blanket as Isabelle loves the first one I made her! Will have to make my nephew a bit of something too, probably a bunny in a jumper!

Emma.x

You will soon Emma and it sounds as though you are going to have a lot of fun. Thanks people for your comments.

Emma it's just cutting up bits of fabric and sewing them together again, mostly randomly. :D Must show us your crochet hat, I've seen some little baby blankets and would love to have a baby to make one for. Get on with it YS!

I don't sell them Superkitty but end up giving most away. That's not an offer I only make up to lap size after starting off with a king size, never again :lol:

I love any quilting - as I can't do it!

Now listen to me Emma, if I can quilt, anyone can! As Plum says, just sew bits of fabric together, add wadding and backing and you have a quilt!

I made this one for my Ex for his 40th last week.

Jquilt1.jpg

JQUILT2.jpg

They are time consuming, but look so lovely when they are finished. Give it a go! :D

2oz definately will be the thickest you'll want. Needled polyester is nice to start with and hand quilts really well. Polydown is good to start with. For your landscape you may prefer a thinner one, best see what your teacher suggests :D

Ahhh thanks plum. This wadding is for experimenting with my new books. We won't need the wadding until March craft group. February is just doing the piecing together like a patchwork landscape. Some lovely things in my book to try. The seams & lining up of the squares & triangles might not be perfect at first, but I'll give it a go! I'll be using my machine, as much as I like hand sewing - machining will make it a bit quicker.

Probably do a 9 square cushion cover or something very easy first. :anxious: Whatever it will be something very simple looking. Already got lots of nice fat quarters in.

Emma.x

While I've been off recuperating from surgery on my the inside of my nose I have been knitting a jumper and making a patchwork quilt - the nearest you will get me to sitting still :lol: . The quilt top is nearly done - it's a Quilt in a Day Radiant Star. I will post pics once the quilt top is completely finished.

Lovely quilting Plum and Christian and a great way to use Granny squares Kazzy.

I've been trying to sort out lots of cupboards, storage areas and all my craft tat but I'm itching to make something now - apart from the footstool cover I'm making today.