craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Rachelk that's lovely!

I feel your pain, I had a go at stained glass early in the year and I found it very frustrating although the outcome is great. This is my project, I have no idea what to do with it now though and it lives wrapped up on top of a bookcase!

6414561543_a6bda08394.jpg

ooooh, that is beautiful! NEED.

That dress is really cosy and trendy, love the purple :D

I've finished my African Flower crochet blanket at last and started making a circular cushion three times :evil: it starts going fluted after several rows but think I've cracked it using a bigger needle and different pattern.

The first one had sort of ridges appearing round some of the circles but I shall adapt it afterwards to make it fancy like the first one by doing extra dc on top :? . I think.

have made a scarf with the funky yarn called loopy and a hat and scarf in the broomstick pattern.I have been trying to follow a pattern on a ball of red heart yarn I found in a local sainsburys but its not working out correct,its k1 yo p1 yo cont over 24 stitches but when I goto knit next row it just doesnt knit right and yo arent all the same size when dropped off in second row,have looked on red heart and coarts website but cant even find the wool I bought let alone the pattern any knitting gurus out there as have only been knitting since the summer so please please need some help :D

scarfandhatsJanuary6th2012001.jpg

scarfandhatsJanuary6th2012002.jpg

Just completed my first quilting project. Its from a book Cath Kidson Patchwork that a friend gave me for christmas, all the fabrics came with the book. Its by no means perfect, but not a disaster (I hope). The book says to use a feather cushion pad, is that really necessary? would good old polyester fibres be ok? Also are there special hand quilting needles?? mine all went blunt really quickly.

IMG_0029.jpg

hope this pic or link thing works :roll:

Very loopy Kazzy 73 it looks great, I can't help with knitting.

Well done Miffy that's not an easy one to start with, all those curves and puff patchwork. No feathers needed it's your choice unless your girls can oblige :shock:

Hand quilting needles are called betweens which are shorter which makes it easier to pivot in and out of the fabric. Looking forward to seeing end result. :D

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

At long last I have managed to upload the photos of things I have been making. The jumper was started a long time ago and I have eventually finished it.

The paper birds were a bit of a fiddle to do and they are apt to fall over, so I don't think I will make any more.

The needle felt items I really enjoyed making. OH gave me the cat kit and I made the teddy following instructions in a book. The dog I made up myself using photos from the internet. I will definitely be doing more needle felting :D At the moment I am finishing another UFO I came across, an Aran jumper.

Thanks for the kind comments. The birds annoyed me and took a while. The middle one started off as a chicken and then morphed into a bird with a party hat :lol: I think I could really get into the felting but also feel I should try to crochet more as I did a days course and haven't done much since. I have also tidied all my wool and there are a lot of small balls that would only be used for a crocheted blanket or cushion. Today a leaflet came in about the Hobbycraft Fair in a couple of months time so I may go....as long as I don't get distracted onto another craft :lol: