craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I'm using my peg loom to make coasters using rovings - they're based on photos of Anglesey and then I'll needle felt the details on, a present for my Mum and stepfather now they've moved from Anglesey back to the Midlands.

There are some good tutorials on Youtube for using the peg loom.

Wow that is amazing :clap::clap: Love its expression :D

How on earth do you make felt from dog hair, surely it has too much spring :?

I tried to use my own dog's hair but it is a bit too wiry. Archie's was still quite hard to work with - springy is quite a good word to describe it - there were also top coat long hairs mixed in. You'll see the bear is very hairy and that's after I trimmed it to get the wispy bits off. It just seemed to take longer to needle than working with wool. Not sure I'll be rushing to do it again but I was pleased with the result and my friends is dead chuffed - she didn't know I was making it.

Sue

OMG that bear is amazing - it must have taken ages!

I don't think my weimaraners hair would be too good for that sort of thing - although it would be a really nice colour

"Jasper... here boy...", ste < ONLY JOKING!

I've been making him on and off for a couple of months - it didn't help that I badly sprained a wrist four weeks ago .....but he is only about 5 inches tall - I should have mentioned that in case you all think he's a full size ted - I'd have had to scalp the dog for that :)

Sue

I'm having a go at making an advent calandar for my 3 year old. Don't know if it will be for this year or next all depends on DD going to bed on time and hubby taking his turn at ironing :pray::lol: .

I'm thinking it will end up as a garland so today I have started on the felt glove, stocking, bell and gingerbread man .

I have never made anything like this before so wish me luck.

Sage

Hmmmmmm - I've still got an Advent calendar to make......bought when Lauren was a baby.....she's coming up to 14 now!

I've been making these.......

Twins.jpg

No, not babies! - little felted booties! :D

My friend was expecting twins but didn't want to know what sex they were so I made a selection.........she had 2 boys.

DSCF1987-1.jpg

My favourites were these raspberry ripple pink ones....

Booteesraspberry2-1.jpg

Lauren and Jake kept on about making some themselves so in half-term we each made a pair of adult sized slippers! I made mine with pointy toes....and have promised ....erm...... threatened to wear them at Christmas :D - they are :oops: ........one of the joys of being a Grandma :D

I've also been making lots of cobweb felted scarves for a craft fair in October - this one has recycled sari yarn in it.......

DSCF1991-1.jpg