craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Just wanted a bit of craftyness & a bit of inspiration. So what are you making at the moment / have made recently. I've knit a handbag in Poems wool & it's all ready for felting in the washing machine. Also got a shrug on the go & nearly finished a knitted donkey for the donkey sanctury in Sidmouth. Photos when all are complete. :D

I want to make a nice crochet ripple blanket next, but don't have a pattern. :wall:

Emma.x

I lIke the sound of all your crafty doings Emma and am looking forward to seeing the pictures. :)

I recently finished a cot quilt for my nephews baby, it was a very easy one just from a panel as time was a bit short but they seemed pleased with it.

DSC05074.jpg

I then made 2 little seat pad cushions for the little boy next door for his little wooden chairs.

DSC05098.jpg

DSC05099.jpg

And today I have been on a brilliant Machine Applique course at Quilters Haven (lovely place and lovely people) and have started a chicken thing (not sure if its going to be a cushion or a wall hanging yet). I may have to add it to my ufo pile for a while as DD2 is possibly getting married later this year and I may be making the favours and would also like to make her a quilt. :)

Edited by Guest

Not alot lately, only a prem baby cardi for a friend that i think may be too small, oops!

I made my crochet blanket from here

i don't really understand the patterns yet can only do it from watching. I find knitting patterns so much easier.

You have all been busy bees - I have done a humpty dumpty quilt panel for my new grandson - it was finished and posted before he arrived! I have done not much else but have a quilt with a load of cats and matching plain and patterned squares on the go - would doubt it will be finished in the summer months ( summer we had hailstones today and it s only 8 degrees here!). I am in awe of the ripple blankets as they are great - barbara Js one was just lovely and will be well used in the pram,

I only used circulars for the pinwheel I can't manage dpns I just get all tangled up using them :roll::lol: I use the magic loop method and I started with my 32inch(80cm) cable then moved it on to my 47inch(120cm) I have 500 stitches on that at the moment and it's a bit of a squeeze but I'm on the edging now so I'm not changing up a size again. oh and i'm not great with circulars either but once you've got the blanket started it's really very easy to do :)

the shale blanket is great tv knitting it's one of those that you remember the pattern very quickly with, that blanket took me only a week to do :)

It seems like months, but I am still working on my patchwork quilt. The top is finished!! :D

Finishedquilttop.jpg

A close up -

FINISHQUILTTO.jpg

Was due to get it stretched and tacked at a local quilting shop but had to cancel as I have laryngitis. Will hopefully go next week. Have the wadding and backing fabric, just need to sandwich it all together. They have massive tables and help you cut the wadding etc to size, then you pin and tack in there where there is more room. :D

Still need to decide on the binding fabric :think:

Wow wouldn't you just love to have Christian as a sibling? :wink::mrgreen: He's so creative & makes the most gorgeous stuff - imagine a creative day with a sibling like that. Unfortunately, I have to put up with a sister who isn't into crafting & has never got any time (even though she has). Grrrrr.

Can I swap her do you think? :think:

Emma.x

Phew! Very crafty morning in this house! The boys used my old glass paints to paint some dinky glass yoghurt pots to make tealight holders; then we did some general painting and sticking and glueing and cutting and now I'm all crafted out for today! :lol:

I have realised that I have far too many UFOs laying around.. A crocheted White shrug for me, a crocheted jumper for the baby-in-progress, a knitted hat also for the bump (due November - perfect for a wool lover :D) and an attic24 ripple blanket which was originally for my little angel - she was due this month so it's a cotton blankie which means Bump won't need it for a while anyway.

Oh and I'm behind in my Art of Crochet squares as I received 8 issues in the space of 2 weeks! (the joys of being a subscriber...)

Hmph. Got some finishing to do.

Well I went onto Attic24's update last night & fell in love with her granny stripe blanket. :mrgreen: So naughty me went & ordered the 17 different coloured balls of wool to make one too! :oops: Such gorgeous colours - should be here tomorrow. The ripple blanket is growing too.

My caravans are going to be crochetastic! :lol: I need some nice patchwork cushions next & some bunting would be nice too. Hmmmm sewing machine to the ready! :wink:

I must take some photos of all this craftyness.

Emma.x

Wedding sock monkeys for friends. Them in monkey form. She's a prima ballerina. He's an international jet-set TV news presenter who I rib for his choice in massive belt buckles. Hence the clothes:

4665993577_1408c75df4.jpg

Cheeky garter:

4666618316_c108cb9fa0.jpg

And a massive pregnancy pillow loosely based on the dreamgenii ones, but bigger and much cheaper to make your own from cheap calico, a cheap pillow and a lot of beanbag beans.

You lie on your left side and the angled bit goes between your legs. The thinner pre-bought pillow bit in the middle goes underneath you and the plump pillow bit at the back supports the lower back. It can be used as a feeding support pillow afterwards too. This one is without the cover:

31273_10150198184345287_770670286_12833370_1012352_n.jpg

and with the cover (a bargain bucket kingsize duvet will make two covers):

31273_10150198184330287_770670286_12833369_6646659_n.jpg

The beans cost £7, the calico cost £6, the pillow cost £2, and the duvet cover cost £5. Total cost £20 as opposed to £45 for a basic dreamgenii and then £18 per extra cover.