craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Very cheerful, going to university with you? :D

If I get in...am applying for 2011 entry, so lots of hard work and biting of nails for the year now!

I did finish my cable cardigan yesterday though, it looks very nice. I'll have to post a piccie up of it soon and see what you think! (It did take lots of unpicking to do though!)

I bought a decopatch kit whilst on my holiday. It's addictive. I covered 2 small photo frames & a tiny gift box with beautiful papers. I wonder what else I could cover? I'm planning a jam jar to cover & make into a pretty vase type holder - then maybe a small table top.

Anyone else tried decopatch ( not decoupage)?

Pics tomorrow night.

Emma.x

I love to decopatch! I've done all my school folders, a tissue box holder, some jam jars, and the jars I keep my buttons/beads in. :D It's addictive. I'm doing the back of my cupboard that goes under my desk(it's in the middle of the room, so the back of the cupboard is visible) next. :D

Fleecy bags with applique pics on them of what goes in what - baby booties, baby hats, baby shoes and... something else. Oh yes! Mittens! (I need a bag for my baby brain! :lol: )

And am now working on, slowly, a height chart to measure her with when she pops out. I've done the numbers and height marks, now the fun bit - pictures. A big tree, essentially, with bugs and flying insects and hot air balloons and kites and birds and clouds and the like, I think.

Hands have pregnancy oedema/carpal tunnel so not getting much done now. Three weeks and I may get my hands back, if not my time!

I am quarter of my way through my large stripy blanket (starting to wonder why I have made it so big - but I know it will be worth it) and have started another one for my friends baby who is due at the end of December. I have finally mastered the ripple and am making a green blanket and then crocheting on small white daisy's, for that will be her name :D Can't post a pic on Facebook, otherwise the mum to be will know, and I haven't told her *shh* :wink: But once I have given it to them, then I'll pop it on up. I wanted to make one the star blankets, but just couldn't fathom the pattern. Sometimes, crochet patterns give me right headaches :(

Would love to see your ripple blankets they fascinate me you get such nice effects.

I've been getting on with quilting now I have my new sewing machine but also browsing others work and found this-

Zoom1259.jpg

It's so simple to make, it would make a lovely present or to add to a gift tag. Here are the instructions

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/Pages/Ideas/Idea.aspx?id=1259 I'm off to look for my pearl buttons. :D

Finished knitting a jumper using cheap Lidl yarn which has been on the needles for months and then started to sew together, just need to sew on the collar. Yarn knitted up lovely and is very soft, will be looking out for more of it in the Lidl's specials.

I've made lots of little bits and bobs over the last month

granny square cardy

5008287144_c8a1b90857_m.jpg

Attic 24 style scarf

5054351606_225a214098_m.jpg

3 crochet baby toys

5019920012_b2ea11ce4f_m.jpg

5123247008_fe3c81f828_m.jpg

taggy toy

5078557844_383d247cd6_m.jpg

rainbow round rippple (colours not great on this due to camera)

5137497690_496622f1ac_m.jpg

granny baby hat

5113591037_5c50267fea_m.jpg

changing mat pads

5117495141_8dfeef08da_m.jpg

crochet baby mitts

5114188966_8dccf11bab_m.jpg

5137529396_b716d88603_m.jpg

2 knitted sleepsacks

5113589505_264b420756_m.jpg

5054355994_678008f83e_m.jpg

wristwarmers for dd2

5114188256_af40a4f91f_m.jpg

pumpkin bunting

5131535498_f3798425e3_m.jpg

finished off green cardy

5114190548_c4c9783e3d_m.jpg

phew that's it for now, still loads on the go though including making some fitted crib sheets and lots more crochet bits to do too.

Wow Eeyore! I think your nesting has gone into overdrive!! 8)

Started making some socks for the boys last night - I only had an adult pattern, so I started the smallest size on the pattern (designated small lady) on needles a size smaller than required. Have measured the boys feet this morning and decided that the sock I have started would fit a 3 month old :roll: At least I have only done 1".

Aww thank you all yes think nesting must've started to kick in it either gets cleaned or crocheted in this house at the moment,

Wow!! Fabulous.

Any chance of links to the pattern for the little Granny Square jacket and the hat?

the cardy i added an extra row of squares on at the bottom as i wanted it longer and went down a hook size as the pattern can come up quite large it seems as it's one size newborn-12mths :?

granny cardy

you have to sign up to lionbrand for patterns but it's free.

baby hat

and for the flowers on the hat

flowers :D

Couperwife yes the pumpkins are crocheted with fabric stuck on for the features.

Wow Eeyore! I think your nesting has gone into overdrive!! 8)

Started making some socks for the boys last night - I only had an adult pattern, so I started the smallest size on the pattern (designated small lady) on needles a size smaller than required. Have measured the boys feet this morning and decided that the sock I have started would fit a 3 month old :roll: At least I have only done 1".

ooo i'm envious :mrgreen: i just can't get the hang of socks, 4 needles baffles me :lol: and when i use the magic loop method i always end up with a ladder running up the sides :cry:

My daisy ripple blanket. I haven't quite finished, just doing the edging; have done 2 rows in the same green as the main blanket, now on 2 rows in white then a row of raspberry and then a final more decorative row in white. Oh, and then I need to crochet on lots of daisy's as its for my best friend who is having her baby at the end of December and she is going to be called Daisy :D

100_2606.jpg

This is the advent calendar I started last year but never got round to finishing it :whistle: I just need to fill each pocket with a small ornament to hang off the button and a chocolate for the kids. The only trouble is it's a bit too wide for my mantle shelf (didn't measure it, just assumed :doh: and we all know what happens when you assume) so I shall have to swag it a bit.

100_2605.jpg

I have tried to post some more pictures, but Photobucket is being stupid. Even though I have resized the pictures they keep coming up full sized :x I have also made a crochet flower brooch for my mum for her birthday.

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/bluekarin/ Hopefully you'll be able to see the album :D