craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Wow that is gorgeous! I also love your rustic table & the jug. :mrgreen:

Mr. Super talented strikes again! :clap:

I've finished my knitted super chunky shrug ( in a wormy cable pattern). I've left it at my mums by accident though. :wall:

I've now started a soft pastel stripey jumper from the Brushstrokes yarn. But I'd prefer to be doing some crochet really. I need a trip to a wool shop to stock up on some more scrummy coloured wool ( attic24 inspired). I've lots of projects whizzing round in my head. Oh & I must sew my clothkits together, being as they are all now cut out ready.

Emma.x

Now that is a gorgeous table runner! And I'm sorry Emma and Plum, but I shall also be fighting you for the jug *put your jukes up* :lol:

Or maybe Christian can tell us where he got it, so we can get our own with no need for any ruffled feathers :wink:

I also now have an image of you crocheting tea and coffee cups Plum :lol:

I'm working on a patchwork quilt, using the bargain fabric I bought at the Festival of Quilts. Just need to get some wadding. I went to the shop today but they are still waiting for a delivery.Once I have tidied it up ( there's a bit of trimming and loose threads to be sorted) I will take a pic for you.

I'm working on a patchwork quilt, using the bargain fabric I bought at the Festival of Quilts. Just need to get some wadding. I went to the shop today but they are still waiting for a delivery.Once I have tidied it up ( there's a bit of trimming and loose threads to be sorted) I will take a pic for you.

I'm just learning to quilt! I went to a 2 hour workshop last week and have another one next week. It's just hand sewing and I'm making a little drawstring bag for my friend to start with. I'll post a pic when it's finished.

I think I am going to be addicted :D , so any tips about books, easy things to make (I think a quilt is a bit out of the question at the moment) and good sites would be most welcome. I know there are a few recommendations already on here. I am a complete novice, I didn't even know what a fat quarter is - I do now.

I think I need to get a good "daylight" lamp to work by on these dark evenings though...

You could make a small quilt - just big enough to pop over the legs whilst watching the latest 'Omlet must view' .Or how about a tea cosy.

For techniques, I have used Karin Hellaby's Pineapple book and her Log Cabin book. I am currently using a Quilt in A Day Book - Tennessee Waltz , but that's not one for beginners. I also have a Schnibble Times Two book ( a nice modern book, with clear diagrams) I also have another book which I can't find at the moment ( probably buried in one of my drawers under a pile of fabric upstairs).

If you get chance I would suggest you pop along to the Festival Of Quilts at the NEC. Not only is it a chance to catch up with Omleteers, there's plenty to see and of course buy. :lol: Unfortunately Little Miss Webmuppet and I won't be attending this year as I can't have the weekend off work :cry:

It's taken about three months but I only do a bit here and there ( I try to do an hour or so each week) although I did work on it for a whole afternoon in January ( the OH and Little Miss Webmuppet were both out!). I should add I only started quilting about a year ago.

If you look on page 8 of this thread there's a couple of quilts I made last year.

Festival of Quilts is great, I'll see you there JJ. and love that quilt Mrs Webmuppet, It's beautiful. :D

Cups not crocheted but quilted. Our leader at quilt club wasn't well so I ended up supervising the project so didn't do one myself just lots of chatting :D

My gorgeous hubby bought me the Cath Kidstone book 'sew' for christmas and today I got round to making the bag that comes with it.

Nothing much however! It meant I got to try out the automatic button hole stitch on my Janome machine. Its was fantastic. I remember button holes being such a chore to do, but this just whizzed through it. YAY :clap:

Slightly dissappointed that the bag itself is quite small but, I am sure I'll use it anyway :lol:

My gorgeous hubby bought me the Cath Kidstone book 'sew' for christmas and today I got round to making the bag that comes with it.

Nothing much however! It meant I got to try out the automatic button hole stitch on my Janome machine. Its was fantastic. I remember button holes being such a chore to do, but this just whizzed through it. YAY :clap:

Slightly dissappointed that the bag itself is quite small but, I am sure I'll use it anyway :lol:

That book is ace, and got lots of really simple instructions. I made my friend a bag from it for Christmas!

I am taking the day off from my 'couch to 5km' training tomorrow, so am keeping my fingers crossed that I get to do some more crafting tomorrow. I've got so many UFO's, and NTGS (need to get started's :wink: ) that I am going to lose myself in all the fabric and bits hidden (from hubby :oops: ) in wardrobes, airing cupboards, draws and boxes soon. :shh:

Why do you hide them, I just tell my OH it was some he bought me ages ago and he can't remember :lol:

I've just made a little quilt about 30" x28" in 'nostalgia' fabrics or it could be feedsacks. OH did buy me this fabric a very long time ago and I've not used it just kept looking at it. :D

Emma are you going to show us your gloves? :D