craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I have been trying to make crochet bookmarks - not the regular rectangular ones. I've had an idea in my head for a while, but just trying to put the idea in reality is proving a little difficult. I will pop some pics up when I've done a few more prototypes :D

Great kids may they never change :D Mind you my eldest son did ask me to make him a waste paper basket and the youngest requested a table runner which I made them. They stopped me making aran sweaters and sweat suits a long time ago. :lol:

Lauren has been needle felting a phone case as well, we'll have to compare! One good hand, the other in a splint, and she's stabbing around with a four-needle felter :shock:

I've just mad e ahouse-warming present for my Mum and SF as they're moving from a big house to a flat......a drawstring bag to keep wrapping paper and tape etc. - it has a placketed pocket for the roll of tape on top of a flat pocket for scissors and tags......

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

Not mine unfortunately! - I saw one somewhere and remembered it, as they won't have much room I thought it would be a good idea and I think I'll make some more ready for next Christmas :oops: .

I've also seen one with a hole edged with buttonhole or blanket stitch for garden twine to be pulled through and pockets for seed packets and secateurs......

Well - my sewing machine went into the menders and I needed something to keep me occupied so after reading on here (Omlet has so so much to answer for :shh: ) about Attic 24 I felt inspired to become a happy hooker :)

I have been making all sorts, bunting of various sorts - hearts, chickens, flags, two cushion covers, one each for my mum and aunt - will save that for another post as they aren't finished. And I made a small crochet bag for my colleague who I only see once a year, (but we speak daily) as she's in London this week. It's lined (since my machine has been in the menders I can't find my manual and I couldn't remember how to do a button hole), but the button hole is less than perfect but I do love this little bag - I may have to make another once my other WIPs are complete.

Front

Greenbagfront.jpg

Back

Greenbagback.jpg

Inside

Greenbaginside.jpg

I've actually finished my tablecloth - just waiting for the assorted work related rubbish and DD's tosh that's accumulated on the table and then I'll take a piccy.

I've started on the boy's quilt now, machine quilting it. All geometrics so lots of stopping and starting, but I'm well over half way now. That's the yellow and blue triangle quilt with stars and stuff - already had done some quilting but I have to finish it soon as he's moving to his own flat next week. Or maybe he can have it for his 21st pressie.