craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I have been finished some of my WIPS - see this post on the crochet thread

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=75805&p=1068675#p1068675

A pattern for the little bag - umm - I got the idea out of a book called Cute & Easy Crochet - so can't share the exact pattern. But its basically all halftrebles - I did a chain of about 50, halftrebled about 20 rows and then turned and created the flap on the end of the rows (if that makes sense) so the direction of the stitches on the flap is different to the bag part. [sorry not very good at explaining]. I decreased at beginning of each row to create the flap bit. Single crochets all the way round. Lined it by cut cutting some fabric to fit + 1cms for turning under and stitched it to the crochet and then stitched up the sides of the bag. The flowers are very simple: magic circle 16 double crochet, then 3 chain 2 trebles 3 chain and a slipstitch to create the 5 petals.

I hope that makes sense.

I've made a doorstop :D

DSCF5666.jpg

A colleague wants to learn to sew and asked me to make her a pattern for a doorstop. I thought this is simple but fun what do you reckon, its just 2 squares sewn together and a dangly thing for a handle?

• Cut 2 x 7” squares or as big as you want.

• Make a dangly from cord and beads, or make a tassle or plait some cord or make a fabric strap.

• Put one square right side up. Place the dangly thing in one corner with the raw edges against the raw edges of the square and place other square on top right side down.

• Sew around three sides catching the dangly in the corner but leave a gap on one of the sides.

• Then open the unsewn edge and close with the two seams together and sew along that edge

• Turn the right side out through the hole left in one seam.

• Push the corners out with crochet hook or pencil.

• Fill with sand, rice, rocks or something and top up with wadding, kapok, old tights or whatever

• Sew up the gap with ladder stitch or oversew.

• Finished

Sorry the diagrams haven't copied but hope there's enough there for you to have a go :D

Martin to make it a chicken put a felt comb (made by gluing 2 pieces of felt together to make it thicker) near a corner and fold a square of fabric a few times to make a beak and put that the other side of the corner. (both facing inside so it'll be outside when you turn it).

When you sew the last seam Take two squares of fabric different sizes and fold one in half then corners in to make triangle, repeat with other and lay one on top of the other and sew that into the middle of the seam to make a tail.

Add a couple of beads for eyes and hey presto :D

n.b. undo and start again if you end up with tail on the inside of chicken and the beak upside down :lol:

Bunny is great, those colours look so good together. Did you make it for anyone?

Your throw is smashing Sadietoo. Feels good doesn't it when your kids want something you've made. Just don't be too upset when you see pictures of who's wrappped up in it :shock:

That bunny is unbelievably cute! I have a new great-niece .... unfortunately, with my track record of UFOs she'd probably be about 18 before I finished it! Well done - and the blanket is gorgeous, too.