Fingerless mittens sound good :D

I've been painting various glasses

Bell ropes for my dad's birthday present

5431021228_09ac9a3a48_m.jpg

Caravans for FIL's birthday present

5431021378_585a407d38_m.jpg

Musical notes for my friend to give to a friend

5430413971_4fed04d2fc_m.jpg

Also painted a pint glass for her with a spider web design on, but I haven't taken a photo yet.

Whilst recuperating I've been trying to finish off some UFOs!

the Omlet Mystery Quilt wallhanging finally got hung:

DSCF6877.jpg

And a quilt got quilted:

DSCF6878.jpg

I did this for a friend - the patchwork was handpieced by her 80 year old aunt over many years, but Aunty's hands could no longer cope with the sewing. So I've backed and quilted it for her. Not the neatest quilting I have to say, it was very difficult and has several creases as she had used such varying fabrics for her patches. But it is nice and snuggly and no longer in danger of falling apart! I just hope it's OK for her. :?

Love the glasses! 8) Adore the musical ones - very intricate. I like the caravan ones too, as a fellow caravanner, you hardly ever see caravan patterned stuff - so those are fab!

Does the paint & liner stay on after washing up - as I'd like to have a go at this - mums 60th this year. I haven't glass painted in years & those were the days when the paints were water soluble. :roll:

Brilliant quilts too Snowy - but you are one of the queens of the sewing machine - along with Webmuppet & Plum. :mrgreen:

Emma.x

Rubbish Snowy. Like the way you quilted the wallhanging and those colours are so vibrant :D Hats off to you finishing the other quilt. It's not easy to work on other peoples quilts and they are not always as squared off as they could be. Your friend and her aunt must be thrilled.

Love the themed glasses Purple tree hope they appreciate a homemade gift. 8)8)

Emma, I used solvent based glass paints, which I think are a bit hardier than water based one's. I advise people to gentle handwash/quick swoosh around & not to leave in the water just to be on the safe side. I haven't done any for myself so haven't tested it out. The outliner would probably chip off if roughly handled :think:

My FIL is obviously a caravanner hence the caravans, it'll be his 60th birthday :D

You can't really see the full extent of the colours, it's Fairy Frost- all sparkly & assorted batiks. It's pink, lilac, turquoise, green and a sort of pinky orange.

Mr W has been busy making a 'flying jib stick' for his boat :roll: ............I won't bore you with it, it's techie boat stuff ( it's all bits of carbon and stainless steel, with some elastic thrown in for good measure)

The batiks are mostly from the Tonga Batiks range with a couple random other batiks thrown in. There's a whole load of Fairy Frost too (LMW helped choose the fabrics :lol: - one of the Fairy Frost fabrics is a bright lipstick pink with lots of sparklyness!)

http://www.eastcoastquilting.co.uk/tonga-batiks-c332.html

http://www.eastcoastquilting.co.uk/fairy-frost-c100.html

Edited by Guest

I've got two baby items on the go : a cardigan in Sirdar Baby Crofter in Bonnie 150 and a new baby set (hat, mittens, bootees) in some multicolour bargain baby DK I found in Wilkos :D

How are they going? Can we see them when they are done.

Off to google chicken and look for fabric 8)