craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I finished my first crochet project: http://web.me.com/wpetercroft/LucyLus_Ravelry_Shop/Love_Knot_Scarf_files/Love%20Knot%20Scarf%20Pattern.pdf

It's a very easy beginner project, once I restarted it a few times I got the hang of it.

I made it in white and might make another one in a multicoloured wool, but first I need to master crochet in the round.

As promised here's the pics of the quilt complete with borders, it's all safety pinned up now ready for quilting..............spent hours this evening on my hands and knees with a big pile of safety pins getting it ready for quilting. Big thanks to Mr W for moving the sofa out of the living room so I could use the floor :lol: ( he also took the pics with his phone).

23022011168.jpg

23022011167.jpg

Plum,

I'm going to quilt it with my tried and trusted wibbly wobbly ziggzaggy stitch ( programme 9 on my machine) on the main seams (ie the up and down ones) I will use some nice King Tut Quilting thread, I have one which is pink, lilac and green (colour 937 it says on the reel).

The other quilt I have waiting in the wings to be quilted has large expanses of plain fabric so I may have a go at a stencil quilting pattern thingy ( if I can work out how to use one :roll: )

I love the multicoloured quilting threads. Just looked at mine and favourite is King Tut. Got some nice YLI ones but the colours are a bit more extreme.

Think you should have a go at free motion quilting now :lol:

I've got a stitch in the ditch foot with new machine so trying that out tonight.

It's where you 'drop your feed dogs' and use an embroidery foot and move your fabric in any direction you choose while sewing. Takes a bit of practice but you can do twirls and loops or leaves. I started on a very patterned quilt so you couldn't really see what I had done but after a while your coordination gets going and you learn how fast to move the fabric. I wear gloves with sticky dots to grip the fabric. Like these http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__quilting+gloves_W0QQ_dmdZ2?rvr_id=212961960289&crlp=2798706997_228459_228459&UA=%3F*I8&GUID=e400bc0412a0a0e203f0a9c0fdc2343a&agid=922957777&MT_ID=11&keyword=quilting+gloves&ff4=228459_228459

Here's how to

Just been watching the second tutorial. She advises a glass of wine before you start. I like that kind of teaching :lol:

Stampbord is ply, coated with ceramic, and you can colour/stamp anything you like on it, then top with a powder and heat gun it, it looks like ceramic tile when"cooked", and if you stick it in the freezer overnight, then you get crackle glaze!!, If you dont like crackleglaze, then reheat it back to normal. Great fun! Good old ebay! All I need now is a chicken stamp...........

As promised here's the pics of the quilt complete with borders, it's all safety pinned up now ready for quilting..............spent hours this evening on my hands and knees with a big pile of safety pins getting it ready for quilting. Big thanks to Mr W for moving the sofa out of the living room so I could use the floor :lol: ( he also took the pics with his phone).

23022011168.jpg

23022011167.jpg

That is a beautiful quilt.

I haven't got even half as much made recently as I normally do, but having my newest little monster & 3 bigger monsters to look after & housework to do, it doesn't leave me much crafting time :( but i've managed to finish one crochet project and slowly work on a baby blanket for dd2s teacher who is expecting her 1st baby.

blanket;

5485188359_0295923df6.jpg

Pattern available free on ravelry "Free SmoothFox's Spiral Baby Blanket Nbr 1" very simple pattern and no ends to sew in as you don't keep finishing off on each round

5476553644_b4f21651eb.jpg

crochet breast :lol: one made to keep, & making a few more for the breastfeeding support workers as they use them to show women feeding positions :DFree Pattern here