craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Have just helped youngest to make a bag for her sister's birthday out of a denim skirt and an old pair of jeans, it looks fab.

I've also picked up my knitting needles again as need to make a dish cloth for a friend and I know now why I had a break from knitting, my hands, wrists and elbows really ache, but I keep at it. :?

Have started off another quilt :D This was a 'layer cake' of matching fabric that you cut each 10" square to make 4 5" squares and then sew them together. So much easier than sourcing fabric that matches. :wink:

Need to get a few more crafty things done next week, but my time off has flown by yet again :(

Oooh, that's such a clever tip for getting a good mix, thank you Christian.

My sister has made a lovely quilt from cut up family clothes, from a dress I wore as a toddler (half a century ago!) some from her own children (30 years ago) and various other patches from family clothing, older and younger.

Plum, thank you for the link about ready made egg shapes, I'd assumed you'd whittled them yourself :lol: I had no idea such things were available. You've decorated them beautifully, I do hope to copy the general idea with my hen names, thank you.

Well, I say thank you; I may regret clicking that link, I'm new to all this, and that craft stuff looks so tempting! :D

Plum - I love those eggy shape name signs. The art of burning onto wood is called Pyrography. I did a wooden spoon for my sister when she got married. I'll take a photo of it next time I visit her house. I don't have the proper tool, but I do have a stencil cutter. That is like a burning tool, used to cut acetate by burning it. Had it years, stencilling went out of fashion - so I used the tool to burn into wood. :wink:

I think you can burn into leather too.

Emma.x

The doily is creamy white with silver sparkles in. Some would say it's very grannyfied or chintzy - but I like stuff like that ( cupcake bunting). :D I like to keep traditional stuff going - or else these crafts will be lost forever. :(

It needs wetting & pressing into shape - then I'll take a photo. It looks a bit limp & scraggy at the mo.

Emma.x

You are productive all I can do is flop. Mittens, don't tell me they are a christmas present. :D

No, actually. They are very beautiful though. I started making them last November, but because of college and exams I'd finished one and done half of the other one, but hadn't made a pair yet. I'll have to post a picture up at some point.