craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Now I didn't make this but thought that you'd like to see it - a lady of my acquaintance spins her own wool and then knits or crochets it to sell on her stall at the Deddington Farmers' market near us. I've bought a few articles from her in the past so she gave me a good price for this gorgeous blanket.

I understand that the wool is Jacobs and the mid-ochre colour has been dyed with onion skins.

20110723-ripple-blanket.jpg?w=640&h=853

20110723-ripple-blanket2.jpg?w=640&h=480

I was talking to Lesley about it this morning; I don't know how that lady makes any money at those prices, not when you count in wool and labour, but she just does it as a hobby for 'something to do'

I'm enjoying the crochet granny squares. 16 done and 75 to go. Phew, may just keep going until I run out of thread. Trouble is my rotten cats pinch the wool and I find it in a jumble hidden :evil:

Any tips on protecting yarn from the evil monsters.

LMW and one of her friends made a quilt top today ( it's a small one) .............I cut the fabric for them and they took it in turns to iron and sew............it looks pretty good considering it was made by two 11 year olds, one of whom had never used a sewing machine before ( my machine has variable speed on it so I turned the speed right down). I don't think there's a single straight seam! I will try and take a pic tomorrow.

I made a tote bag as a birthday present for a friend, from the Cath Kidston, 'Sew' book. It's Navy, with white spots and navy gingham lining and an inside spotty pocket and an outside pocket closed with a shiny purple button...

Must wash it before I wrap it up though, as I KNOW that it leaks colour, judging by the state of my navy fingers whilst I was making it. :lol:

Finished a knitted beanie hat for myself and one mitten. The hat is a perfect fit, I must have a small head as bought hats always fall down over my eyes. I will start the second mitten tonight.

Itching to start on some two needle DK socks. The yarn arrived this morning, I only ordered it yesterday afternoon from Kemps.

Wow you're all very clever!

I just made a couple of curtains (less grand than it sounds) to cover a washing machine and shelves plus the cat's tray. I used some cath kidston fabric from their sale and they look lovely. I bought a £10 sewing machine and have never used one before so quite proud :oops:

I have also just finished a chicken cross stitch so have ordered a 'give me work' set from

http://www.emilypeacock.com/ which will be more of a challenge I think! :lol:

er don't we all have odd feet.

Good point! I would love to show you a photo but I cannot even seem to get an avatar :shock: My son who supposedly studied computing said my photo was too big :( I am sure there must be some way round it as folks seem to be able to put on lots of lovely photos. Will need to get help from OH.

For the avatar I found you need to go to edit picture in whatever programme you use and reduce the pixel size. For posting pictures I use photobucket and reduce the size to medium or 320 x 420ish size. There's a thread in FAQ that takes you through the steps :D