craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Yes Plum and there are pictures on my blog of the spare room that is rapidly filling up with craft stuff. :roll::lol:

A friend went to Denmark to visit family and bought me 6.5 metres of a particular fabric I wanted. PLUS about 10 metres of another gorgeous fabric he thought I might like as a moving in pressie :D:lol: I have fabric everywhere!

Nothing like thick new cotton fabric to get me going. I need help!...... :anxious:

Not only was I inspired to get chickens by this forum but you have all also made me want to start making things! :D

Here is my first attempt at knitting for about 30 years. Not bad if I say so myself, and it only took a few hours this afternoon!

6322985627_02c1a7ef3d.jpg

Christian, you don't have to make big things in crochet. You can do Xmas decs & bits for your craft fairs. You can always keep a bag of wool hung on a hanger in the wardrobe. Out of sight! :wink:

Can picture some crochet cushions on your patchwork bed. Your Cottage looks amazing by the way!

Plum - I think you just sort of leave the hexagon blankets higgledy piggledy, rather than filling in with half hexagons. I could be wrong though.

I'm into rag rugging - after doing my rag rug wreath workshop last weekend. So if it's too much Laura Ashley fabric Christian, how's about a trip to the lovely Cambrian Mountains? :whistle:

Emma.x

Christian, you don't have to make big things in crochet. You can do Xmas decs & bits for your craft fairs. You can always keep a bag of wool hung on a hanger in the wardrobe. Out of sight! :wink:

Can picture some crochet cushions on your patchwork bed. Your Cottage looks amazing by the way!

Thanks Emma. :D Maybe I should start? I would really like a granny square blanket....

What a crafty lot! There are some gorgeous things on this thread and I love Plum's african flowers. I wish I could remember how to crochet! I'm much better at knitting.

I've just finished another rainbow rat (knitted) for a friend and am currently knitting some hamsters for another friend.

Remember now! some time ago I saw some ladies demonstrating the peg looming they were making patterns with different textures of wool and some pictures. So Emma we'll be expecting you to produce a welsh landscape complete with mountains, sheep and chickens 8)8)

Oh yes - you can weave anything! That purple project is just a scarf - nowt special. Next I want to weave a cushion, so might attempt a landscape! :shock:

Seen fleece woven - plenty of that round here - so will give that a go too. My loom is in 2 pieces & together makes a 1 metre wide loom..enough for a rug!

Emma.x

Ooooooo love it such a beautiful colour,love knitting with these fancy wools what one did you use Andrea.??

Hi Kazzy73, I used one called Loopy, one ball = one long scarf. I'm very tempted to do some more in others colours as christmas presents but I'm not sure I could give them away! :lol:

Oh yes - you can weave anything! That purple project is just a scarf - nowt special. Next I want to weave a cushion, so might attempt a landscape! :shock:

Seen fleece woven - plenty of that round here - so will give that a go too. My loom is in 2 pieces & together makes a 1 metre wide loom..enough for a rug!

Emma.x

Next time I see her I will try to remember to take a photo of her doing it.