craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Snowy, I love those socks!! :D I'm just knitting my first ever pair and they are soo rewarding to do (especially as you can try them on as you go!!!)..I've also realised why I love knitting on DPNs so much - without that pesky purl row, my tension stays so much neater :D

These are the last socks I made, they're one of my favourite pairs. I hope I've got some wool tucked away in the loft, this thread is making my fingers itch! :D Not sure if hubby needs any more socks though, he's had a pair for Christmas since we got together and is still using all of them. :lol:

woollysocks.jpg

Beautiful decorations.

I've been making a chicken wallhanging for Julie who first showed me the eglu leaflet and started me on my chicken journey. She got her eglu and omlet chickens just a week or so before mine and we have spent many stolen minutes talking chickens in the last couple of years. Now she is retiring. :D

henquilt006.jpg

henquilt002.jpg

I made the chicken blocks years ago and its good to have been able to use them up. :D

Plum, that wall hanging is amazing. I haven't looked at this thread for aages, really must remember to do it more often, you're all so clever.

I have mostly been doing a few painted glass items for presents - a couple of vases, a few sun catchers & some decorations. I painted on sheets of acetate for the first time for these. They looked quite pretty on the tree, couldn't get a decent piccie of them though.

I painted a storage jar for my friend as she mentioned she fancied a button jar, haven't been able to give it to her yet though. Haven't been able to put photos on my blog yet either, because she's a fellow blogger and she reads it.

5323539973_7a752f72a1_m.jpg

5324145012_ea41d765b2_m.jpg

5324145588_d32b75a81c_m.jpg

Thanks glad you like the hanging :D

I really like your painted glass. I had a go at making some with Snowy and the mob when we met up for Omletstock 3. Mine was a bit of a mess but keep meaning to have another go. How did you get the idea about how to decorate the button jar. It's very effective. :D