craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I have been doing more crochet :D

My dad bought me 13 balls of wool up when he last came in random colours so I decided to make a granny shawl out of them, It turned out much larger than I expected 73inches wide by 39 inches long :shock: and i have only used half of each 100g ball of wool up :anxious:

4888745670_ecd947fe17.jpg

DSCF3274 by eeyoreshunny, on Flickr

I also made a large plain granny square for my friend who had her 5th baby boy

4909943146_1de27841a5_m.jpg

I have also made one of these for me just without the edging yet until i have my scan in a few weeks

4903885503_682c19a5c9_m.jpg

And finally 2 days ago I started on a star blanket :) unfortunately it is eating up my lovely wool that I'm using so I don't think it will be quite as big as I'd like, so i may end up making another one afterwards :D

4909935834_d13ee1abfa.jpg

I've been going to the craft centre with Lauren and we've had a great time! Nothing very original but we did some pottery painting and then made some jewellery/phone charms/ key fobs..........

These are mine..........

Teapot/cup/coaster......

DSCF1166.jpg

DSCF1167.jpg

Other bits......

DSCF1168.jpg

DSCF1169.jpg

Lauren has taken hers home but she painted a beautiful dragon and made lots of phone charms as Christmas presents. She didn't manage to keep her Mum's one a secret though and gave it to her yesterday :roll::lol:

Thank you :D

I've done pottery painting before but not the plastic stuff......can't remember what it is called....Friendly Plastic I think.....I always call it Fantastic Plastic :lol: Lauren did that with some friends for her birthday in January so I'd seen it but not taken part. I loved doing it and am thinking about what else I could make with it.

I had to do my teapot thingy twice as one of the paints I sponged on was a blue but it was white until it had been fired. I hadn't used enough and none of the stars showed. I had to start all over again with little star stickers as a resist :roll:

I exhibited these three paintings in a local fair over the weekend.

(Sorry the images are pretty poor, *click on them to enlarge* taken on my mobile, didn't get round to taking proper photos. D'oh)

th_Image042.jpg

th_Image024.jpg

In fact there quite a few chicken related pics by other amateur artists there too. Must be popular!

Edited by Guest

I have finished a large patchwork quilt and a smaller quilt, both destined to be Christmas pressies. Pics will follow. I have only just got the Internet back after 3 and a half days without any connection

What did you do are they patterned or ? Alright I'll wait for pictures :D

I have made myself a pair of felted bootees! They are dark red merino wool on the inside, with grey gotland wool (very warm and waterproof wool) on the outside....they have a turnover top and I have sewn a piece of black leather to the soles so I can potter outside to the bins or whatever in them without getting them all nasty and it makes them a bit more grippy inside on tile floors etc. I've worn them the last couple of evenings and they are very warm and cosy. Definitely the hardest thing I've felted thus far, but they turned out ok in the end!!